Just Off Getway-3-15-14 Review and Tips

lattegirl10

I agree.

When it's your first time on a new ship you want to explore and do things - why waste time in Vibe?

We are planning to take a B2B on Getaway in the fall and will decide whether or not to get the Vibe pass for the 2nd week - we'll see after the first week.

Good idea. We are talking about maybe trying to get a cabana. If we can't, we won't get regular Vibe passes. From everything I've read, they just don't seem worth it.

Good idea. We are talking about maybe trying to get a cabana. If we can't, we won't get regular Vibe passes. From everything I've read, they just don't seem worth it.

By the way- Thank you guys, for the positive feedback! Like I said in my review, I was able to get Cabana #2. Well, for those of you who want to smooch your spouse or significant other:p, there's a security camera directly facing cabana number 2. I'm quite sure there are camera's everywhere, but to have a big camera directly over your private cabana may stop you from sun bathing just a bit. :cool:

Also, One thing I also discovered toward the end of the cruise and as I ventured outside, and to the right of the Vibe area was the beautiful sunset . Which is different from the beautiful sunset from my ledge in my room.

Sorry, I keep thinking about things to tell you, so please forgive me. Let's discuss Deal or No Deal. I was pumped about this game show, and went to the box office to buy my game card and realized that I forgot the coupon that I downloaded from my e-docs. We they set up the table for buying the cards they said we didn't need the coupons and you automatically get the bingo cards when you buy 2 deal or no deal cards. If they forget, remind them. Also, I got there early wanting to be picked and realized that they choose "random" card numbers to go on stage. So don't rush to the theatre trying to get a front and center seat because it will not matter.

Just mentioning stuff, I wish others told me.................

Latte girl ....was your cruise full to capacity? Thank you....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not sure, It was spring break so there were alot of families aboard. It never seemed packed. You reminded me of two more things.

The waterfront area is amazing. Very relaxing. My husband and I took a quick nap outside of Cagneys on the sofas. It felt like being on a porch with the sea breeze blowing you slowly to sleep. Also, the Gelloto store outside of Carlos Bake Shop gives samples. So go ahead and try every flavor.

my family was on same sailing and loved the ship. My bro got engaged while on board. Guess I need to try the ship myself after reading the good reviews

You really should. It was great!

Edited by lattegirl10

As you can see, I can't let my vacation go. LOL! But this is one of the most important tips I can give to anyone about the Getaway ever..... Are you ready...............................................

THE COFFEE

How could I forget this. I really don't need to eat alot in the morning, but I gotta have good coffee. Anybody agree with me? Well, I always bring my individual french vanilla creamers with me, because I'm LATTE GIRL:D:D, but the coffee was so incredible strong that this is one of the biggest and loudest complaints I heard onboard. So here is my tip for you: I didn't do this until day 4 or 5 (don't ask me why:confused:) but you will discover this as well. Do half hot water first and then coffee and you will have a perfect cup of coffee. Don't think it will be watery because weirdly it wasn't.

Now save this post until the day before you leave and re-read it. You'll thank me.:)

We were also on the same cruise and on deck 12 in the family section.

Did you hear/feel a lot of vibrations in your room? We all did. In fact my son and I are still feeling a little swaying/woozy today. We also always felt swells and swaying when we were in the dining areas, like Cagney's/Moderno/Teppenyaki. That was my only real negative. In fact we had the same effects on the Epic too, but never on any Royal ship and never even on the Sky which we've cruised many times. I wonder if it has to do with the way these ships are built (the squareness of them).

Anyway it was a fantastic ship! We had some perfect weather

Btw- does your son name start with a G? My son thinks he made friends with him?

Yes, his name is Gavin and he was in the 10-12 year olds. What was your son's name? That's so funny! He said he met a few kids from Wellington (where we are) and a few kids in Boynton.

Edited by Kdiamond55

Yes, his name is Gavin and he was in the 10-12 year olds. What was your son's name? That's so funny! He said he met a few kids from Wellington (where we are) and a few kids in Boynton.

Yes, that's him. My son is Chris with the long braids.

Funny that you mentioned the coffee......we found the iced tea so strong it looked like cola in the glass. We finally filled the glass 1/2 & 1/2. Maybe a lot of people prefer stronger coffee & tea. The rest of us can always water it down.

Funny that you mentioned the coffee......we found the iced tea so strong it looked like cola in the glass. We finally filled the glass 1/2 & 1/2. Maybe a lot of people prefer stronger coffee & tea. The rest of us can always water it down.

You are right. The tea was very strong an unsweet. Usually on cruises we only just drink the lemonade, tea and water, but I was glad I brought my sodas on board. We buy the small cans of coke and ginger ale and check them in a bag. My son loves all things ice cream, and made ice cream floats. The getaway has soft serve and the frozen tubs. :p:p