Caribbean Princess Sanctuary

vfangue

We've booked an upcoming 4 day cruise in Oct. (Stops in Princess Cay and Grand Turks). Looking forward to just laying in the sun and celebrating my birthday! We've previously only sailed Carnival and thought it was time to try something different.

Can anyone gives pros/cons or opinions on whether it's worth the up charge for The Sanctuary? Any other must do's on this ship.

And finally, what's your opinions of the atmosphere in the lounges/clubs. What type of music, vibe, Etc?? We're not much for the theatre type entertainment but do enjoy finding a good band to listen to.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The Sanctuary pricing just doubled to $20/half-day/pp, $40/day or $30/day/pp if you book the whole cruise. It's at the top forward section of the ship and can be quite cool and windy although that's a plus if it's hot out.

The positives are large, very comfortable loungers, quiet, adult area, and attendants to bring you drinks and food. Drinks are not included and there's a $3 service charge to deliver food. Afternoon tea is wonderful with small sandwiches, pastries, scones, etc. and tea. The attendants bring you iced towels if it's hot, blankets if it's chilly.

Whether the Sanctuary is worth it is an individual decision.

Thanks for the response. Just wondering if it was covered also? Or if you can sunbathe there.
Some loungers are in the sun, some are under a canvas covering. There's no real shade as the covering is very lightweight. Here are photos of the Sapphire. The CB should be very similar:

DSC00070.JPG

DSC00072.JPG

DSC03187.JPG

I love the Sanctuary :D! It's just that - an oasis away from everything else. With the price hike (double) I find it not worth a full day, let alone a full week. A better value is half days, as it can be too cold some days, and in ports (where I want to get off) on others.

Personally, I do not spend the whole day there, as there are so many other things to do on a ship, but many would disagree. It's a great escape from the masses on a hot sea day where most lounge chairs are filled everywhere else, and there is music/noise on all the top decks. A good supstitute is your own balcony, or the chairs/loungers on the promenade deck.

Bands are subjective. They can be good or bad depending on what type of music you like or how much you have been drinking ;). I am sure you are going to love your birthday cruise!

Thanks for sharing your pics Pam!

We wandered through the sanctuary on the first day, but decided not to buy any space there. Instead, we discovered the adult only pool. Oh my! This is the spot! Only about 6 other people there, all adults. Pool was incredibly warm and relaxing. Some loungers were in the sun and some were in the shade. Plus, the view off the back of the boat was amazing. We spent a large amount of time there on the Roatan day.

Lyndria, how was bar service back there?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

No one came over to us to ask if we wanted anything, but, there was a bar behind the pool. We just went over there to get our drinks.

Is the adult only pool just for those who pay for sanctuary use?
No. All the pools on Princess are free with the exception of the aft pool on the Island and Coral which is within the Sanctuary itself. All other pools are not in the Sanctuary.

We wandered through the sanctuary on the first day, but decided not to buy any space there. Instead, we discovered the adult only pool. Oh my! This is the spot! Only about 6 other people there, all adults. Pool was incredibly warm and relaxing. Some loungers were in the sun and some were in the shade. Plus, the view off the back of the boat was amazing. We spent a large amount of time there on the Roatan day.

Lovely, but in 8 cruises I have rarely seen an available lounger there. Just wooden bleacher seats in the sun.

There are 2 adult pools on most Grand Class ships. One at the bow and one aft. Chair hogs at both!

Lovely, but in 8 cruises I have rarely seen an available lounger there. Just wooden bleacher seats in the sun.

There are 2 adult pools on most Grand Class ships. One at the bow and one aft. Chair hogs at both!

Wow! We were on a soldout cruise and we hardly saw anyone at the adult pool. It was heaven!

The Sanctuary pricing just doubled to $20/half-day/pp, $40/day or $30/day/pp if you book the whole cruise. It's at the top forward section of the ship and can be quite cool and windy although that's a plus if it's hot out.

The positives are large, very comfortable loungers, quiet, adult area, and attendants to bring you drinks and food. Drinks are not included and there's a $3 service charge to deliver food. Afternoon tea is wonderful with small sandwiches, pastries, scones, etc. and tea. The attendants bring you iced towels if it's hot, blankets if it's chilly.

Whether the Sanctuary is worth it is an individual decision.

Thats if you can get there before it sells out too.

We did it for an entire cruise and won't again. the attendants wouldn't leave us alone, and they upcharge for getting you beers or drinks.

there are always plenty of loungers on deck for sunning, and I've never had any trouble finding a spot near a pool. Better to spend the $ on a UBB!