Unusual, maybe adventurous (and short!) excursions in San Juan?

iujen94

We are stopping in San Juan on our cruise in April and I had booked the trapeze school excursion - I was so excited because it was so different and sounded like a blast . . . but sadly it's been cancelled as the school apparently just closed :( Now looking for something else to fill that void - we don't want a tour or beach day but would love something different, maybe a little adventurous to do with our morning. It's me, my husband and our two boys (ages 7 and 10). Oh, and we only have from 7am-2pm in port. Brilliant ideas anyone??

We are stopping in San Juan on our cruise in April and I had booked the trapeze school excursion - I was so excited because it was so different and sounded like a blast . . . but sadly it's been cancelled as the school apparently just closed :( Now looking for something else to fill that void - we don't want a tour or beach day but would love something different, maybe a little adventurous to do with our morning. It's me, my husband and our two boys (ages 7 and 10). Oh, and we only have from 7am-2pm in port. Brilliant ideas anyone??

Here's a shot in the dark- maybe this could work? http://extremefishingpr.com/

On Tripadvisor

We're going to do a Segway tour of San Juan when we're there in April.

There are two versions: a two hour tour for $84 and a 45 minute tour for $42. We signed up for the longer tour.

We rode Segways in Cozumel and really liked it, so we're going to try it in San Juan. They are really easy to learn to ride.

Edited by megmno

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
We're going to do a Segway tour of San Juan when we're there in April.

There are two versions: a two hour tour for $84 and a 45 minute tour for $42. We signed up for the longer tour.

We rode Segways in Cozumel and really liked it, so we're going to try it in San Juan. They are really easy to learn to ride.

How did you like the tour? We are looking at this for later this summer. Where do you meet up with the tour? I'm trying to figure out if we can make the early tour or not.

I'd highly recommend them. We took their 2 hour Fortifications tour in April 2010 and very much enjoyed it. Jose and Natalia are the two we dealt with and they were prompt in replying to emails and the tour by Jose was well done and professional. They did not require deposits for reservations back then in 2010 and just required the courtesy of letting them know in advance if you cancel.