Dining Time - Select or Assigned?

sarawithanh

Did Select last month on Century and hated it. Different tablemates and servers each night, and waiting in line, did not suit me.

On Equinox this month, did late dining. Had a wonderful table with wonderful servers who felt like family by the end of the cruise. I was concerned about being full at 10 pm also, but we ate a little salad at the buffet at 6 pm if we were hungry, then didn't eat quite as much at dinner. We had cocktails (free beverage package) before dinner, and afterward, we walked around (or danced!) for about 45 minutes before returning to the cabin. It will be late dining for me from now on!

My husband and I have found that we've often been put at the same table with the same folks several times throughout the cruise. Even though we've always been select, we've always seemed to run into a group that we ended up hitting it off with and then just always having meals with from then on. The fun part of select is, if you tablemates aren't a good match for you, you're not stuck with them for 1-2 weeks. :-) If they are, well, you can make plans to meet up and sit together.

We are a large family (16 people) going on the Sillouette in August. Right now we have select dining but we are wondering if we should switch to late dining . Our concern is how difficult select dining will be with such a large group.

Ideally we would pick a time (8 pm or so) and eat at that time every night.

Any thoughts/suggestions on select dining with a large group on the Sillouette?