Post your. Upgrades here

asda

If you are lucky enough to receive a upgrade please let me know.

And put if it was a select,early saver or an saver fare. So i can work out the best price structure that p&0 are selling.

If you are lucky enough to receive a upgrade please let me know.

And put if it was a select,early saver or an saver fare. So i can work out the best price structure that p&0 are selling.

Surely any analysis and judgement of the best price structure should not just be based on possible upgrades. There are many other benefits in booking select fares, first option on upgrades is just one of them. In my opinion the certainty of 15% deposit, free parking and OBC are all more attractive features than the possible chance of an upgrade. According to P&O brochure, early saver fares are available on some cruises only and they have second priority for upgrades. We are all different and have different priorities when booking a cruise. All I am saying is that if you only use the possibility of being given an upgrade in making the choice of tariff you are neglecting other criteria which for many are more important.

Surely any analysis and judgement of the best price structure should not just be based on possible upgrades. There are many other benefits in booking select fares, first option on upgrades is just one of them. In my opinion the certainty of 15% deposit, free parking and OBC are all more attractive features than the possible chance of an upgrade. According to P&O brochure, early saver fares are available on some cruises only and they have second priority for upgrades. We are all different and have different priorities when booking a cruise. All I am saying is that if you only use the possibility of being given an upgrade in making the choice of tariff you are neglecting other criteria which for many are more important.

Hi. If you book a p&o cruise within the last few months before the cruise you can book either the SELECT FARE or the SAVER FARE. (Some are £1000 difference) the 15% deposit is only payable if you booking over 12 weeks out. ok you may get m&s vouchers,and some obc, shuttle buses. And dining choice. But reading about some passengers that have recently booked on the SAVER fare have been offered higher categories than the SELECT fare passengers. P&o said that the SELECT fare passengers would be offered upgrades.

I am really happy for all who get an upgrade. But all I wanted to know is it worth paying the extra £1000 or just go with the saver fare .

The early saver for the two of us is cheaper by £1,000. We haven't cruised before, but I do a lot of research! We have parking, with Park at my house, for £60 for the two weeks. We are doing a private tour of St Petersberg. We do intend to do some select dining, but didn't think it was worth paying an extra £1,000 for 'perks' we may not use! Just my opinion tho!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Antmadmanda

We always pay the full price - select, vantage, whatever it is called and we tick the box requesting no upgrade. I know a lot of the friends we've made on the ship also request no upgrade for the same reason as us. We do a lot of research to choose our cabin and we pay full price to ensure we get it. It would spoil our cruise if we were allocated a cabin in a noisy position e.g below the pool, promenade deck or above / below an entertainment venue so for us whatever we pay it is worth every penny for the peace of mind.

The early saver for the two of us is cheaper by £1,000. We haven't cruised before, but I do a lot of research! We have parking, with Park at my house, for £60 for the two weeks. We are doing a private tour of St Petersberg. We do intend to do some select dining, but didn't think it was worth paying an extra £1,000 for 'perks' we may not use! Just my opinion tho!

An opinion you are quite entitled to! I have no issue with early saver or saver fares - I have not used them myself although I made use of the getaway fares under the old system. All I wanted to raise was that the possibility of an upgrade is not the only benefit of select fares. I have two cruises booked for later this year. They are both on select fares because I considered all the benefits of select and decided that for each cruise, the whole package best suited my needs.

I think there is some confusion about upgrades. People who book select fares book a type of cabin - inside, outside, balcony etc not a category of cabin within the type. It seems as though some are being allocated cabins that are not in the lowest category of the type of cabin and are considering this as an upgrade. It is nothing of the sort. An upgrade would be in the type of cabin e.g from outside to balcony not being allocated a higher category than they expect in the type of cabin they booked. Provided P&O stick to their own rules, this should be clear to everyone and will be of great help when people are booking.

We've booked a balcony, and it's C deck I think, but not guaranteed where! I'm not sure about the deck bit, but the travel agent assured me that it was a good location! I was just happy to have a balcony with an unrestricted view, and that's what we've paid for. Anything more would be a bonus!

We've booked a balcony, and it's C deck I think, but not guaranteed where! I'm not sure about the deck bit, but the travel agent assured me that it was a good location! I was just happy to have a balcony with an unrestricted view, and that's what we've paid for. Anything more would be a bonus!

Just realised we're on the same cruise, in fact.

We'll be upset if we *do* get an upgrade. (We've said we don't want one.) We selected our cabin location carefully - C Deck balcony, midships - we've cruised on Ventura several times and we've had those cabins each time. Why? - well, here's my wife enjoying the space of a C deck balcony.

Cabin1.jpg

(Britannia balcony cabin passengers, eat your hearts out!)

We booked a Vantage (now Select) fare almost year in advance.

Edited by tom_uk

That's what I'm a bit concerned about Tom. Having read some other threads comments, I'm not sure we'd want an 'upgrade' to another deck. Being the first time, we're not really sure about decks, cabins etc! If we have a balcony like that I would be thrilled! We usually drive to France, Italy, Switzerland etc., so this is a whole different experience for us!

An opinion you are quite entitled to! I have no issue with early saver or saver fares - I have not used them myself although I made use of the getaway fares under the old system. All I wanted to raise was that the possibility of an upgrade is not the only benefit of select fares. I have two cruises booked for later this year. They are both on select fares because I considered all the benefits of select and decided that for each cruise, the whole package best suited my needs.

I think there is some confusion about upgrades. People who book select fares book a type of cabin - inside, outside, balcony etc not a category of cabin within the type. It seems as though some are being allocated cabins that are not in the lowest category of the type of cabin and are considering this as an upgrade. It is nothing of the sort. An upgrade would be in the type of cabin e.g from outside to balcony not being allocated a higher category than they expect in the type of cabin they booked. Provided P&O stick to their own rules, this should be clear to everyone and will be of great help when people are booking.

'People who book select fares book a type of cabin - inside, outside, balcony etc not a category of cabin within the type' (para 2) - Sorry, I should have written saver fares, not select in this sentence.

Just realised we're on the same cruise, in fact.

We'll be upset if we *do* get an upgrade. (We've said we don't want one.) We selected our cabin location carefully - C Deck balcony, midships - we've cruised on Ventura several times and we've had those cabins each time. Why? - well, here's my wife enjoying the space of a C deck balcony.

Cabin1.jpg

(Britannia balcony cabin passengers, eat your hearts out!)

We booked a Vantage (now Select) fare almost year in advance.

That looks fab. Enjoy your balcony .

That's what I'm a bit concerned about Tom. Having read some other threads comments, I'm not sure we'd want an 'upgrade' to another deck. Being the first time, we're not really sure about decks, cabins etc! If we have a balcony like that I would be thrilled! We usually drive to France, Italy, Switzerland etc., so this is a whole different experience for us!

I agree with Tom. We had a C deck balcony on Azura in Feb, it is twice the depth of ordinary balconies so plenty of room to spread out:D

Molly

Its funny how we are all different.

I always want a balcony for the fresh air and to sit and read on - but I don't want one that deep. I won't sunbathe as such, nor host drinks parties. if there is room for 2 people to sit and stretch their legs that is fine for me! I don't like the look of that one - too big!!

Oops! Just realised we haven't been given a deck. It just says GUAR. As long as I get a balcony I don't mind. C deck would be nice tho! ;).

Well, let's hope.

Having bagged a C deck balcony quite by accident on our first cruise on Ventura in 2008, we wouldn't want anything smaller - it's an important part of the cruise for us. We're not really sunbathers, but we do like to be able to spread out without being cramped. That's one of the reasons why we're happy to go for Vantage/Select fares.

Well, perhaps 'happy' isn't quite the right word. 'Prepared' to go for Vantage/Select fares might be more honest. And let's hope the weather in the Baltic will allow us to enjoy it!

Edited by tom_uk

Oops! Just realised we haven't been given a deck. It just says GUAR. As long as I get a balcony I don't mind. C deck would be nice tho! ;).

If you have paid for a balcony, you will get one - if not, you won't. The deck it is on is completely down to P&O's choice. Let's hope you are lucky.

We booked Select fare and chose an aft superior Balcony on E Deck right at the very end - but were upgraded to a midships on another deck - nothing we could do about it - but then 2 weeks ago I got a phone call to say we could be upgraded to a suite on Riviera deck for an extra £150 per person we thought about it but decided that after having to fight to get the £320 obc after they changed the deal - we would stay where we where ! I know but I wouldn't know what to do with a butler ! - and it was for 26th of March Ventura sailing 7 nights if it had been 14 nights then we might have gone for it.

Unfortunately we had to cancel last week due to my husband being diagnosed with a shadow on his lung the Doctor said not to travel Gutted !

so I reckon lots of Select on the Fly Med cruises will get good upgrades - if you want them - Happy Cruising to you all - hopefully we can rebook as soon as we get him sorted.

we had to choose select as we are going with my parents and they WANT 6.30 fixed dining and to sit with us and to pick their cabin, so we also are select - which was £130 more than early saver when we booked, but we got £90 worth of OBC each.

If just us 2, we'd do last minute cheaper deal.

Has been nice to pick the least obstructed of the obstructed views left! You can sort of see THROUGH the tender windows if you look closely :D

We shall see if they change us, 12 weeks to go and reminds me, need to call up and pay sometime this week!

Do people ask for upgrades or is it you are just made an offer if lucky?

My wife and her friend booked late on ventura for 7 girly nights in the med (fly/cruise 2 Apr from Genoa). She booked the lowest grade balcony and has been given one on C deck mid ships (how jammy is that!).

Obviously, under P&O new rules she can't choose their dining options but for the price she paid who cares!

There are some great cruise deals at the moment, I'm thinking of getting another caribbean cruise in before the end of the year, MSC have 14 night fly/cruises with balconies for £1299, any advice on msc cruises welcomed!

Barry

Edited by Certa_Cito

MSC ships are beautiful, well at least the Divina, which I sailed on. Food could have been better but I didn't starve:rolleyes: Embarkation was chaotic with the Italians unable to queue but my sharp elbows helped:eek:

Thanks for that, sounds like a good deal then. Sorry to hijack the thead:rolleyes: