Dream Cloud 9 Spa Walkway View Compared to Riviera Deluxe Family Ocean View

MickeyNicki

Has anyone ever stayed in either of these two cabins? I am trying to decide between the two and there is very little difference in the price. I like the thought of the spa cabin, but cannot find a square footage on the size compared to the family room on the Riviera. Also, if I understand correctly there is more bathroom space in the family room. Can anyone help me? Thank you!

I haven't stayed in either of those cabins, but I have stayed in a Spa cabin on the Dream. I LOVE the Spa and feel it would be worth it to have unlimited access. I've seen several photos of the walkway view cabins and they are good sized. All the light makes them look larger to me.

We booked 2 spa ocean view rooms on the Dream but decided to upgrade to a spa balcony. The rooms are much larger than regular ocean view rooms but you have the deck out front instead of looking straight down at the water like the Riviera deck. We prefer being up high now and being close to the Lido deck. I would definitely choose the spa room over the Riviera deck.

We just had a deluxe OV room on Riviera deck on the Dream, and we loved it. With 3 adults, we certainly utilized the extra half bathroom, which included a sink & tub/shower. The other bathroom is a standard bathroom with the standard setup. There is more bathroom space because of the extra half-bath. We loved being so close to the water when looking out. That's the best kind of view on a cruise ship. We loved how convenient the location was. It was so easy getting off/on the ship in ports or for debarkation. It was so easy getting to the entertainment or dining rooms. Never needed elevators during those times, and those are the times when the elevators are getting slammed.

However, despite all that, I would go with the spa obstructed view room over the deluxe OV if the price is the same, and if they are going to let you book it. Those rooms are modified for wheelchair use, so you might not be able to book it. The stats will say that these rooms are 220 sq.ft, but that is a generic figure, and is probably incorrect for these unique rooms. It could easily be larger. For the same price, I would give up the better view out the window and the nice convenience of being low on the ship for the use of the spa. No doubt!

Thank you for the replies! I have continued to do my research and I have found some people say the spa rooms (with the obstructed view) are loud. That worries me a little. Has anyone ever stayed in room 11201. It is a handicap accessible (all of these rooms are), but it does allow me to book. It also says we could be moved if someone needs this room. The booking says moved to an equal category room, but there are no equal category rooms that are not handicap accessible. Not sure how that works. If anyone has any comments on being moved, that would be good to know as well.

I have stayed in 11201 on the Magic and I believe the layout is the same on the Dream. The room is very large, it had the two regular beds, a sofa that made into a bed and a bed coming out of the ceiling. The window looked out on the deck and sometimes there were some people out there, not often. The deck was the perfect place to watch the ship being docked, it was always very windy on the deck. We loved the room because of its size. We had our cabin crawl and when everyone got to my cabin they were amazed at the size. I had about 25 people in the cabin at one time, that's how big it was. We called it the Party Palace. As you know, it is a handicap cabin, so you may run the risk of losing it. I am handicap, so it was no issue for me. My nephew, also wheelchair bound, was in the cabin across the hall - an interior - and it was teeny tiny - he had to keep his chair in our cabin.

I would book this cabin again in a heartbeat. We used the Spa a lot too.

Thank you for the replies! I have continued to do my research and I have found some people say the spa rooms (with the obstructed view) are loud. That worries me a little. Has anyone ever stayed in room 11201. It is a handicap accessible (all of these rooms are), but it does allow me to book. It also says we could be moved if someone needs this room. The booking says moved to an equal category room, but there are no equal category rooms that are not handicap accessible. Not sure how that works. If anyone has any comments on being moved, that would be good to know as well.

Okay. Now that I looked at some things a little closer, I can see that 11202 & 11204 are below the fitness center, which is not good. That can produce a lot of noise from above, especially with the treadmills. I wouldn't want one of those. But 11201 & 11203 would be fine. Those are below the thermal suite (the fancy saunas for spa guests only). People using the thermal suite are not loud and aren't stomping around, so it should be quiet from above.

About being bumped, if there is nothing equal to the handicapped room you're in, they would upgrade you. So with these rooms, if you were moved, you would be placed in a cove balcony or higher balcony. The risk there is that half the cove balconies are below the very noisy kitchen (the galley), & some of the deck 6 regular balconies are above noisy spots of the deck 5 promenade. I had a cove balcony below the dining room (not the galley), and it was totally perfect, and the balcony was better than any other I've had or seen.

Okay. Now that I looked at some things a little closer, I can see that 11202 & 11204 are below the fitness center, which is not good. That can produce a lot of noise from above, especially with the treadmills. I wouldn't want one of those. But 11201 & 11203 would be fine. Those are below the thermal suite (the fancy saunas for spa guests only). People using the thermal suite are not loud and aren't stomping around, so it should be quiet from above.

About being bumped, if there is nothing equal to the handicapped room you're in, they would upgrade you. So with these rooms, if you were moved, you would be placed in a cove balcony or higher balcony. The risk there is that half the cove balconies are below the very noisy kitchen (the galley), & some of the deck 6 regular balconies are above noisy spots of the deck 5 promenade. I had a cove balcony below the dining room (not the galley), and it was totally perfect, and the balcony was better than any other I've had or seen.

We're booked in 11201 on the Dream for the Halloween sailing. There is a post somewhere on this site from a TA that wrote a great review including photos and videos about the SPA and some of the cabins. You might want to search for that. I think it's called "All about the Cloud 9 Spa" or something like that

Joe