Hampton Inn Brickell or Holiday Inn POM? Help!

bannerboxer

Has anyone stayed at one or both of Hampton in Brickell, or Holiday Inn POM?

Being from MN we always fly in a day early, so we will have a day in MIami to shop around, and see the beach etc.

This is our 4th cruise. Last year we stayed at the Interonctinental,the year before the doubletree - I liked their is proximity to the port on tjhe day of sailing, but we have stayed near bayside market 2 years in a row now, and I kinda want to check out the Brickell Village area?

Is Hampton Inn the better choice of trying out? or should we stay close to port again at the Holiday Inn POM? which is more worth it? Being close to port on sailing day, or a little farther away and get to check out a new area? which would you choose?

We are a 2 -young 30 somethings couples who arent HUGE party-ers, but like an active area with good resturant options for supper and a few drinks etc.

Edited by bannerboxer

...like an active area with good resturant options for supper and a few drinks etc.

Sounds like the Hampton Inn is the place for you - lots more local dining and nightlife options in the Mary Brickell area, especially if you have already explored Bayside Market during previous pre-cruise stays.

Being from MN we always fly in a day early, so we will have a day in MIami to shop around, and see the beach etc.

We are a 2 -young 30 somethings couples who arent HUGE party-ers, but like an active area with good resturant options for supper and a few drinks etc.

You mention things that make me want to send you to South Beach area for the night. Altho Brickell is a nice area, it isn't Miami BEACH. If you haven't been, see if you can get something in South Beach for the day and evening. So much to see and experience. You do NOT have to be a partier to enjoy the beach area and Lincoln Road etc.

If you can't do it on this trip, I sure would make it a must the next time.:D

Edited by eandj

Would it be worth it to take a cab to south beach?? And still stay in brickell area??

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Forums mobile app

Cab from downtown to SB will be about $20+ each way.

Would it be worth it to take a cab to south beach?? And still stay in brickell area??

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Forums mobile app

If you haven't been, I sure would say yes. To me Brickell is "nice". South Beach is an EXPERIENCE. Since you are so close.....;)

We have a group staying at the Hampton Inn next month. Previously we stayed at the Holiday Inn and liked the location. Staying at the Intercontinental is on my bucket list. I went to mapquest to see how far the Hampton Inn is from Mary Brickell Village and it is literally just around the corner. Our cruise leaves on Saturday and we arrive on Thursday afternoon. So we are going to stick close to the hotel and Mary Brickell area on Thursday and check out South Beach on Friday. We are considering taking the free trolley over to Bayside Marketplace and then taking the water taxi to South Beach. I read that it is $10.00 each way. We want to see the sights and then have a nice dinner.

We have a group staying at the Hampton Inn next month. Previously we stayed at the Holiday Inn and liked the location. Staying at the Intercontinental is on my bucket list. I went to mapquest to see how far the Hampton Inn is from Mary Brickell Village and it is literally just around the corner. Our cruise leaves on Saturday and we arrive on Thursday afternoon. So we are going to stick close to the hotel and Mary Brickell area on Thursday and check out South Beach on Friday. We are considering taking the free trolley over to Bayside Marketplace and then taking the water taxi to South Beach. I read that it is $10.00 each way. We want to see the sights and then have a nice dinner.

Your hotel is 2 shorts blocks to Mary Brickell Village. And plenty of restaurants and bars are right around the block. A new place has opened called Batch Gastro Pub and it's right at the bottom of the building. Plenty of restaurants start the block before Mary Brickell.

You can either take the free trolley or the people mover or walk to Bayside. If it was me, I would take the people mover to there as the traffic with the trolley can make it a much longer drive. Especially if there is a Heat game. Then the traffic can be brutal.

You will have a lot of options all within walking distance.