Cherry on Top question

beachbum53

Dark chocolate non-perils are also my favorite, and I only get a 1/4 pound or so. What I splurge on is an assortment of different candies, mostly the chewy kind or those that will drive my dentist nuts (lol). If I get a pound of mixed, I usually share it with others in my group, or new found friends. If its all gone by the last night, I'll grab a little more for the ride or flight home.

I wouldn't buy the "normal" stuff that you can get anywhere. But trust me, those dark chocolate non-perils are THE BOMB!! No wonder my mom is addicted to them :D. Can't find those anywhere. Not ones that taste like that!

Good quality ones are good to find, but here in NJ, I find that some Boscovs still have a good selection of confectionary items along with a few store in Philly.

The candy is wonderful. They had items we can't find at home and my husband's sweet tooth demanded we purchase several kinds. I know they are expensive, but it is vacation, and everyone needs to be happy on vacation.:D:D

The candy is wonderful. They had items we can't find at home and my husband's sweet tooth demanded we purchase several kinds. I know they are expensive, but it is vacation, and everyone needs to be happy on vacation.:D:D

A cruise and a bag of M&M's. That makes ME happy!:D

I had no idea what a nonperil is, so I Googled :) Aren't they basically the same as Sno-caps? Or are the ones onboard 20 times better? I'm very curious lol

They are WAY WAY better! Thicker and yummy. I have been looking all over for the white chocolate ones all yr.

Never even went in to "Cherry on Top". I doubt I buy 3 candy bars a year, just not into sweets.

I pretty much keep my weight within 5 lbs of my "ideal" and plan on continuing. One Guy's burger (or equivalent) per cruise is bad enough.

Never even went in to "Cherry on Top". I doubt I buy 3 candy bars a year, just not into sweets.

I pretty much keep my weight within 5 lbs of my "ideal" and plan on continuing. One Guy's burger (or equivalent) per cruise is bad enough.

Bravo for maintaining your self control! There are some food items on board that I can limit myself to, but Guy's Burgers isn't one of them.

I'm not a big candy eater, either but I make exceptions on the cruise. Things like Chocolate Melting Cake, the non-perils, pizza late at night, Guys Burgers, a Fun Ship Special now and again are a treat for me so I splurge.

Have yet to gain weight on a cruise. I've even lost a pound once! I walk everywhere. Stay on the 2nd floor and use the stairs - even to Lido.

I bought a Fitbit and last October on the Glory I climbed 27 flights of stairs in one day. Oh, and I'm not fat, either. I'm right at my ideal weight. You only live once and I'm going to have fun. If you have self control, it's not hard to maintain your weight while still enjoying yourself!

• 4 months later...

When you purchase your bag of candy from Cherry On Top, just watch as they weigh it. The weight on the scale fluctuates up and down with the movement of the ship. I never realized this before until our last cruise and DH pointed it out to me.