Buying drink package on the 2nd day

tinkerbell_82

Not to make this more confusing, but I was told (by Carnival) that if you buy on the second day, it is applied retroactively and the drinks from the first day will then be applied to the Cheers program instead of being billed separately. It also says that you must buy the package for the entire cruise, that it cannot be purchased for a portion of the cruise.

I've also seen posts from people on here that stated that's the way it was for them as well, they bought on the second day and it was for the entire cruise, so even if you buy on the 2nd day of a 7 day cruise, you're still charged for 7 days, not 6.

Not to make this more confusing, but I was told (by Carnival) that if you buy on the second day, it is applied retroactively and the drinks from the first day will then be applied to the Cheers program instead of being billed separately. It also says that you must buy the package for the entire cruise, that it cannot be purchased for a portion of the cruise.

I've also seen posts from people on here that stated that's the way it was for them as well, they bought on the second day and it was for the entire cruise, so even if you buy on the 2nd day of a 7 day cruise, you're still charged for 7 days, not 6.

We were on the Legend for 7 days and bought the Cheers package on the 2nd day. We were charged for 6 days. The drinks we purchased on the first day were billed separately to our account. We waited until the 2nd day to purchase because we boarded late on the first day and knew we wouldn't get our money's worth that day.

We were on the Legend for 7 days and bought the Cheers package on the 2nd day. We were charged for 6 days. The drinks we purchased on the first day were billed separately to our account. We waited until the 2nd day to purchase because we boarded late on the first day and knew we wouldn't get our money's worth that day.

Maybe it depends on the ship and when you board/how many drinks you had on the first day. I know Carnival told me otherwise, but we know the information is not always correct.

Maybe it depends on the ship and when you board/how many drinks you had on the first day. I know Carnival told me otherwise, but we know the information is not always correct.

That information you got is definitely not correct. I've had the Cheers program on 5 different ships and it's always been billed as others have said, you pay for drinks before you purchase the program.

Even if you buy the program on embarkation day but not until later in the evening those 1st drink are not included under Cheers.