Quick help please

gamecockinnc

Hi,

I am cruising with my 2 eldest sons on RCCL Indie and need some hotel help. We have only cruised out of Port Everglades one time usually cruising out of Miami and Cape Canaveral.

Our flight arrives around noon the day before our cruise leaves Saturday. I was hoping to find a nice hotel with shopping or restaurants nearby. I know we enjoy the Bayside Marketplace in Miami. We have stayed at several of the Marriots there and it is easy to walk to dinner, grab last minute items from CVS and look around the Market.

Anything similar or suggestions?

Thanks so much!

TA

I think you are looking at Port Everglades? if so....

If you aren't looking for a beach hotel, you might want to stay at Embassy Suites on 17th St. which will give you extra room and certainly near lots of restaurants and a couple stores for last min. items. You are a quick $12-15 cab ride from the port. Very popular with included hot breakfast.

A little cheaper but right behind the ES is Hyatt Place North. You can book that on valuetrips.com for nice rates. Again a good location if you don't want beach.

Rates will depend on when you need the room of course.

I am sorry. Yes I am saying we are flying into FLL and cruising out of Port Everglades on the Indie for eight night.

I am traveling alone with my two oldest son leaving hubby and our little one at home. We arrive in FLL around noon and I can book the Embassy Suites for a good rate. But wanted to find out about other options. Since it is the 2 boys (16 and 12) and myself maybe a suite would be best for one night. They will be wired and ready to go and I will be grabbing my kindle and wanting to read.

But I need to book a hotel ASAP. This all came together pretty quickly and I am scrambling.

Another question what is around the Embassy Suites? When I mentioned the Miami port I only meant it is nice to stay at the JW Marriott and then walk to the Bayside Market and then grab dinner and hit a store or two for last minute supplies.

Another option I saw was the Marriott Spring Hill Suites which is only about $40 less than the Embassy Suites rate.

Edited by gamecockinnc

Another question what is around the Embassy Suites? When I mentioned the Miami port I only meant it is nice to stay at the JW Marriott and then walk to the Bayside Market and then grab dinner and hit a store or two for last minute supplies.

Another option I saw was the Marriott Spring Hill Suites which is only about $40 less than the Embassy Suites rate.

There are tons of restaurants around the Embassy and you are a short walk to the water taxi.

I also like the Doubletree Gallery One. It is also on top of tons of dining (Trulucks, PF Changs, Seasons 52, Capitol Grille, etc) it is on a water taxi stop and across the bridge from the beach.

Lastly, and it isn't a suite but they do have them, I really love the Riverside Hotel. It is on Las Olas, on a water taxi stop, and is surrounded by some of the best dining and attractions in Fort Lauderdale. The Jungle Queen is right there and the Imax theater is a little bit of a walk.

Blue Herons<---------A Gamecock in Florida!

Edited by BlueHerons

If you want to stay nearer the airport than the port, then ok for Springhill Suites. There aren't any of those kinds of "chains" nearer the port. And if you are cruising when rates are good, stay in the city.

Do you know that Embassy IS basically a two room suite? One bed and in the other area a sleeper sofa. Quite a nice size for three.

I think you would be good here. Nice pool area, loads of restaurants, Total Wine and Publix in easy walk. The kids might like watching the boats around the bridge as it lifts. The Sun Trolley runs right by the hotel so you can take them around town or to the beach on that.

Yes, as Blue Herons states, the Doubletree Gallery One is another to look at. Right on the intracoastal. A mile and a half or so further from the port. Bigger rooms and suites.

Edited by eandj

I am sorry. Yes I am saying we are flying into FLL and cruising out of Port Everglades on the Indie for eight night.

I am traveling alone with my two oldest son leaving hubby and our little one at home. We arrive in FLL around noon and I can book the Embassy Suites for a good rate. But wanted to find out about other options. Since it is the 2 boys (16 and 12) and myself maybe a suite would be best for one night. They will be wired and ready to go and I will be grabbing my kindle and wanting to read.

But I need to book a hotel ASAP. This all came together pretty quickly and I am scrambling.

We are staying at the Doubletree Gallery One before our April 6th INDY cruise. They have suites with a sofa bed in the living room. You can find good rates on LMT.

Embassy Suites is great for your needs. Free good breakfast and appetizers and drink reception from 5 to 7 every night. Not sure you will want a cocktail, but you might need one. ;) Pop or juice for the boys.

I always loved the separate bedroom and fold out couch/couches in the other area. You can have privacy that way. Have fun!