Bittet Sweet

buglver066

I was wondering if anyone knew if I was able to contact Carnival directly about spreading ashes and doing a ceremony at sea. I have tried writing John Heald but I'm sure he is overloaded with requests at the moment and I have not heard back. I have time (till Sept actually) but I'm anxious to get this set up.

We are spreading my Mothers ashes who fought a hard but shortshort battle with Brain Cancer in January (she was diagnosed in October---very short but very aggressive). She loved cruising and loved the beach so a part if her ashes are being scattered in OBX and half on our next cruise--which is most of the reason we scheduled one so quickly. I want to get peace of mind that things are set up yo do this which is why I'm so antsy about it :rolleyes:

I'm sorry to hear about your loss, and understand why you want to set this up. If Carnival says no, maybe you could set something up privately before or after the cruise, or on a a private excursion on one of the ports, still having the sailing dedicated to her.

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor

I'm sorry to hear about your loss, and understand why you want to set this up, but it's probably not the atmosphere Carnival wants to have in regards to other guests. Maybe you could set something up privately before or after the cruise, or on a a private excursion, still having the sailing dedicated to her.

This is something that CARNIVAL does often . Guest Services will take care of this for you. If I were you I would start with my PVP or call the 800 number & ask for guest services they will explain it all to you & what they will or will not do.

Sorry about your MOM I know that it is a hard loss.

Char

Found this

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx?icid=CC_Footer_88

Do you allow the dispersing of cremated ashes at sea?

Dispersing cremated ashes at sea is permitted. You must contact the Guest Services Desk once onboard the ship. The Guest Services Staff and the Environmental Officer will coordinate the burial at sea.

• Depending on the ship’s itinerary, a date and time will be selected for the ceremony.
  • The Guest Services Desk will notify the guest of the scheduled ceremony.
  • The ceremony must be performed beyond twelve nautical miles from land and any restricted areas noted on the nautical charts and notices to mariners.
  • Ashes and flowers may be dispersed but not plastic materials such as plastic ribbons, plastic flowers, plastic urns, balloons, etc.

I was wondering if anyone knew if I was able to contact Carnival directly about spreading ashes and doing a ceremony at sea. I have tried writing John Heald but I'm sure he is overloaded with requests at the moment and I have not heard back. I have time (till Sept actually) but I'm anxious to get this set up.

We are spreading my Mothers ashes who fought a hard but shortshort battle with Brain Cancer in January (she was diagnosed in October---very short but very aggressive). She loved cruising and loved the beach so a part if her ashes are being scattered in OBX and half on our next cruise--which is most of the reason we scheduled one so quickly. I want to get peace of mind that things are set up yo do this which is why I'm so antsy about it :rolleyes:

I am terribly sorry for your loss...my heart aches for you.

We just did this for my dad in November on the Magic - my first step was to post a message on John Heald's facebook asking for his assistance. He was very accommodating, and responded very quickly to me. So my advice would be for you to go to his facebook page and tell him what you want to do, and he should get back with you relatively quick. I also tried contacting him through is blog, but never got a response that way - apparently he's overwhelmed with his blog. So facebook is the way to go.

If you have any questions, or want to know anything, feel free to email me - jamesloyd at gmail dot com.

James