Advice/Help PLEASE - Price reduction versus promotion

libertyschool

I asked this question within the "kids sail free" thread to no avail... so thought I'd try this way.

I am currently booked for a 3 day cruise in May. Today I received an email from Carnival regarding the "Kids sail Free Promotion". When I do a mock booking for my existing booking, same category ect. it saves me $180. I did not book early saver, however I have only made my deposit of $250 for 5 people. Final payment not due until Mid-April.

I called Carnival and was told that that they could not do anything for me because kids sail free is not a price drop but a "promo". When I asked how else does the price drop other than with a "promo" he said that it depends on the terms of the promotion. The agent was very rude and actually hung up on me. I know that they must be getting bombarded by calls today but that really wasn't called for. I am a huge Carnival advocate and always defend Carnival to the nay-sayers, but this really threw me for a loop. Others have managed to get a price reduction or OBC according to the other thread. Should I call back??

Also - I have not been assigned a PVP, does that only happen after final payment?

I would call back since you still are confused on the answers they gave you. I wonder if you are still considered within the penalty zone of final payment even though they aren't requiring final payment until 30 days before.

I'd read the terms and conditions of the promotion you booked under and the one you want to switch to. Maybe that'll give you the answers.

I was told that it was due to the new promotions terms being that they were only valid for bookings made between today and March 28th. It was not due to the terms of the old booking. He said that if this was a price drop I would be eligible for credit but since this was a "promotion" and not a "price drop" that it didn't count. That's the part that didn't make sense to me.

My faith has been redeemed! I just called back and this time spoke to a very nice and helpful agent who adjusted my balance owing. YAY! He was very apologetic for the service I received earlier. I'm a happy camper.

Save that agent's name and extension number.

Glad you got the price drop. I was going to say call back and ask to speak to a supervisor.. I have a PVP and I called her today and got a price drop, it wasn't big but every little bit helps and she has always been helpful and pleasant when I've called her and if she has problems she calls her supervisor to help..;)