Shore excursions in Hawaii

LaTech1963

We are cruising on NCL Pride of America Mar. 2015 with 10 people (3 families with children ages 18, 14, 6, 8). Shore excursions can become very expensive through the cruise line. We do not plan to rent a car but we want to do excursions in each port. I welcome suggestions for successful tour companies in each port or do you recommend booking excursions with NCL?

Do a search here or a google search on "Roberts Hawaii" we have used them for 6 weeks total both land and shore excursion and they are one of the best. The staff/drivers have been doing the same tour for years so they know them inside out they also know how to get around construction, so there is never aneed to worry about getting you back to the ship on time. You will also save about 40% over ship prices. Look at their combo deals to save even more. As for transportation the only time they use the large buses is for the North Shore Tour in Oahu the rest of the time they use small mini buses.

Can't say enough good things about them about them.

Because of the size of your party I suggest you book really early and advise them not to split your group up

As we know nothing of your interests, limitations, budget or anything else about you, a better process would be to do some research here...all the ports are covered extensively, and look at what Celebrity offers. You don't have to use Celebrity's excursions, but reading them will identify the key sites in each port.

Than, we can help you with more specific questions.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Thank u for your reply--Age 55...love to cruise & have done mostly RCL...from canada..interests are port sight-seeing & sea - swim...excursions...2 people budget --ok with $75.00+ each ....another question ....when at ports how is shopping overall...tks

Edited by sparklylady

hi This wld be our first Hawaii cruise & first on solstice---what shore excursions do u recommend.

Thanks

First off what is your sail date.

Go to your cruise line website and see what they are offering as they usually have the most popular, then compare to Roberts as they do cater to the Soltice.

I would recommend googling each port. You'll get a ton of info especially on tourism sights. We have been on the Princess Hawaiian RT from LA three times and for the second one, I had found the official website for each port and ordered their free brochures. It was funny that I was on a deck chair on the cruise looking at one of those brochures and someone asked me if I had bought it in the ship's store.:) There are many guide books available for Hawaii too.

If you just want to go to a beach and/or do some shopping, you don't have to book an excursion. If you don't want to tour on your own, there are guided tours you can buy through your cruise ship or book ahead of time from a reputable company (that won't charge you if your ship has to miss a port). On your own, there are some stores such as Hilo Hatties that will shuttle you to their stores for free. On Kauai, you can walk to a nice beach from the port in Nawiliwili or jump on the free shuttles run by the local malls (the Anchor Mall and the Harbor mall) that will take you very close to the beach.

Hubby and I had already had two land trips to Hawaii == the first time for each of us was way before we met and the second time was on our honeymoon. So we hit many of the sites to see those two times. With the cruises, we introduced our daughter to Hawaii.