Tampa- Flight in at 10:44am... estimated time arrival at the port??

rene194215

So I have to fly in the day of embarkation, as it is on a Sat. I cannot get a fight on Friday due to work. So I booked a flight that gets in at 10:44. I do not think I will be checking luggage, I want to go light :rolleyes::eek: We shall see on that still, its a 5 night cruise and I plan to spend a lot of time in the sun!

So I guess from time of landing to getting a taxi to getting to the port, I wonder what time I would make it? I am thinking by 12? Thoughts?

TPA is a well functioning airport. Just flew in/out of there this past week.

My bags were on the belt before I departed the plane and got over to baggage claim.

There are plenty of taxi's out in the transportation circle at the end of the baggage claim area- so no worries there either.

If you land at 10:44, take a quick bathroom break, claim a bag (or not) and get to the transportation circle, it should be around the 15-20 min mark, then a 15 min ride to the port. If all goes well, you should be at the port by 11:30 - 11:45 - ish.

Seriously, sometimes it takes longer to get off the airplane than anything else. Once your off the plane, follow the signs for the shuttle from airside/security to landside/baggage claim. When you get off the shuttle,

take the elevator or esculator down one floor to baggage claim and the transportation circle.

**** Tip - if you need to use the ladies room, don't do it on airside. There is always a line. There is a ladies room in the baggage claim area or to the right of the " C " shuttle.

Have Fun !!!!

:)

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr

TPA is a well functioning airport. Just flew in/out of there this past week.

My bags were on the belt before I departed the plane and got over to baggage claim.

There are plenty of taxi's out in the transportation circle at the end of the baggage claim area- so no worries there either.

If you land at 10:44, take a quick bathroom break, claim a bag (or not) and get to the transportation circle, it should be around the 15-20 min mark, then a 15 min ride to the port. If all goes well, you should be at the port by 11:30 - 11:45 - ish.

Seriously, sometimes it takes longer to get off the airplane than anything else. Once your off the plane, follow the signs for the shuttle from airside/security to landside/baggage claim. When you get off the shuttle,

take the elevator or esculator down one floor to baggage claim and the transportation circle.

**** Tip - if you need to use the ladies room, don't do it on airside. There is always a line. There is a ladies room in the baggage claim area or to the right of the " C " shuttle.

Have Fun !!!!

:)

Thank you for this information!! I have flown into Miami and that just seems like a tough airport! I depate on just a carryon as I like to pack a little extra and am thinking of brining wine with me. Plus I tend to purchase things on vacation. The cruise is over on Thursday but I am staying an extra night in Tampa. Soooo thats pretty much 7 days, no way can I fit in a small carry on:eek::rolleyes:

I am not overly concerned about my flight the day of. I mean its that or nothing because there is absolutly NO way I would be able to fly out Friday. Most airports are 1+ to 3 hours away from me (thats not in traffic) So if I was to catch a 630 flight I would have to be at the airport by 5 THE LATEST. Got to NY is sooo out of the question especially on a Friday night. Going towards Hartford also rush hour. I would have to leave at like 2 to be sure I made it. No can do at work. But I have flown out twice for a cruise day of, Once to Port Canaveral and the other to NOLA. Both with tons of time so I with the infomation from FlaGrl I think all is good!!!

Thank you for this information!! I have flown into Miami and that just seems like a tough airport! I depate on just a carryon as I like to pack a little extra and am thinking of brining wine with me. Plus I tend to purchase things on vacation. The cruise is over on Thursday but I am staying an extra night in Tampa. Soooo thats pretty much 7 days, no way can I fit in a small carry on:eek::rolleyes:

I am not overly concerned about my flight the day of. I mean its that or nothing because there is absolutly NO way I would be able to fly out Friday. Most airports are 1+ to 3 hours away from me (thats not in traffic) So if I was to catch a 630 flight I would have to be at the airport by 5 THE LATEST. Got to NY is sooo out of the question especially on a Friday night. Going towards Hartford also rush hour. I would have to leave at like 2 to be sure I made it. No can do at work. But I have flown out twice for a cruise day of, Once to Port Canaveral and the other to NOLA. Both with tons of time so I with the infomation from FlaGrl I think all is good!!!

I do think the theory of "flying the day before" is a bit overstated in general. You have to understand though, anything is possible and having that cushion is always a great way to avoid unexpected delays . . . especially during the winter months where many airports in the Northeast experience delays. Traffic Issues, Bomb threats at the airport, etc. It just gives you more time to come up with other options to reach your destination.

It's not so much the arriving airport being a problem, it's the departing location. If you are on your plane on time from the Northeast . . . Tampa is going to get you out on time and a taxi on to your ship.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, just make it to the airport on time and you'll be fine.

Edited by kdawg954

Tampa is one of the most efficient airports in North America. You'll have no troubles, as long as your flight isn't late.

On a Saturday morning you can get from the airplane gate to the port in 30-45 minutes. I won't give an estimate how long it'll take to get off the plane, because I have no idea where your seat is.

Even if you were checking bags, that might add at most about 15-20 more minutes if your bags are last off the plane.

I live across the Tampa Bay from Tampa. The airport is the best I have been to. Assuming your flight arrive on time, you should be out by 11:15-11:30. Once exiting the plane, you will have to take the tram from the airsides to the to the landside terminal. Then, you will take the escalator down to the first floor. You can claim bags, which is quick. Then, go to the transportation area where there are many cabs. The ride is short. You just go past West shore mall, drive for a little, take the Dwntn Tampa exit and you are there!

The port is OK. A little disorganized. If you are flying on Southwest or Airtran their airport terminal is beautiful. It sounds weird but it is. Tampa is a very nice airport, and very organized.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

• 2 weeks later...
I live across the Tampa Bay from Tampa. The airport is the best I have been to. Assuming your flight arrive on time, you should be out by 11:15-11:30. Once exiting the plane, you will have to take the tram from the airsides to the to the landside terminal. Then, you will take the escalator down to the first floor. You can claim bags, which is quick. Then, go to the transportation area where there are many cabs. The ride is short. You just go past West shore mall, drive for a little, take the Dwntn Tampa exit and you are there!

The port is OK. A little disorganized. If you are flying on Southwest or Airtran their airport terminal is beautiful. It sounds weird but it is. Tampa is a very nice airport, and very organized.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

I am actually flying back on Southwest so I am glad I will be able to see that terminal!! I fly in on United I think. Hopefully that will be painless!!!

flying into Tampa in a couple of weeks, can anyone tell me the cost of taxi to pier, wondering if it is a flat rate like Miami, thanks

A buck more - $25+tip flat rate fare from TPA to the port or port to TPA.

flying into Tampa in a couple of weeks, can anyone tell me the cost of taxi to pier, wondering if it is a flat rate like Miami, thanks

I have found that Super Shuttle has a one way for $12.00. I have to look more into that.

I have found that Super Shuttle has a one way for $12.00. I have to look more into that.

Only a good deal if you are going solo and are not in a hurry as they will wait a while for the van to fill up.