If the Quantum is so unappealing...

...then why has the price of my balcony cabin on the 12 night cruise next April increased by $350 pp since I booked it when it first was announced?

Prices don't rise if the cruise isn't selling.

People were booking on Quantum and Anthem as they are new ships hence the demand was high. Prices should come down now that they have announced this new so called dynamic dining as its a lot less appealing.

When Oasis first was announced and opened to Diamond and Diamond Plus prior to the general public I was one of the first to book. Then the prices hit me hard... and I decided to wait. So I did.. .and I'm glad I did. I've been on first and early sailing... and waiting for things to smooth out is much more enjoyable, for me, than the 'gift' you are given... And with this new dining... I'm glad to be waiting for them to work out the kinks. Nothing more frustrating than to pay a premium for a cruise and not be able to get a table at the restaurant you were hoping to dine in... That happened on the NCL cruises we took... and we were in an upper suite on those cruises. If not for the butler we never would have been able to get tables when we wanted them... and at that we had to book early in the cruise. Not what I want to do. I do hope this works for RCI... but I'm a fan of traditional dining.. and will stick to ships that offer that... until we see how this works on Quantum.

Just to play devil's advocate -- I'm actually very excited about the new dinign program -- I think most people booked Quantum before they had any idea what was on it beyond the earliest revealed details (North Star, iFly, 270, etc.). It's possible some of the most ardent anti-Dynamic Dining folks will cancel, but I doubt it will make much of an impact and expect most people who are already booked will sail and have a great time.

Just to play devil's advocate -- I'm actually very excited about the new dinign program -- I think most people booked Quantum before they had any idea what was on it beyond the earliest revealed details (North Star, iFly, 270, etc.). It's possible some of the most ardent anti-Dynamic Dining folks will cancel, but I doubt it will make much of an impact and expect most people who are already booked will sail and have a great time.

Dave I tend to agree with you. While I'm not excited about the new dining venues, it won't prevent me from sailing on Quantum to see the ship. I will sail with an open mind to see if it will be our new ship of choice since it's in our home state. If we decide after our sailing it's not for us...will just sail on other RCI ships we have sailed on and love. Like I've said in previous postings, I'm NOT a foodie. Hence these different restaurants are wasted on people like me, lol. But will give it a try at least once. ;)

Dynamic Dining is the most appealing thing about it so far for me. Sitting at the same table with the same wait staff every night does not make my dining experience. I love dining in a different venue every night and experiencing different types of cuisines.

While I was less than thrilled about bumper cars, skydiving simulators, etc, I booked the Quantum early on because we finally had a new ship in Bayonne. The new dining options make me very glad I'm going for 12 nights so I can get to enjoy most of them.

I see many of the negative replies on this thread were from people from Florida. Hey, if I had all the choices you had, I wouldn't fly up here either. Our choices in the colder weather are the NCL Breakaway, Gem and Explorer.

People were booking on Quantum and Anthem as they are new ships hence the demand was high. Prices should come down now that they have announced this new so called dynamic dining as its a lot less appealing.

Raising prices on new ships or special sailings is what RCCL does best. They count of passengers who want to be the first to say they sailed the new ships, no matter what the ports are. When Oasis came out, many passengers openly said they didn't even leave the ship in the ports. Only want to be able to say they sailed it first.

We had a member sailing on the Explorer that started out in the $1000.00 plus range for a balcony. The closer it came to the sail date, we watched prices rise to over $3,000! It became standard practice to check the rate daily to see how high it had risen. It never went back closer to the original pricing but it did drop after final payment when TA's who had been holding group cabins returned the unsold cabins. Suddenly loads of categories opened up.

MARAPRINCE

Whlle it may be "a lot less appealing" to you, I'm not sure you can generalize and claim that there won't be many who find the new dining concepts to be more appealing than the traditional and mtd dining options available on their other ships. There are also a large number of new and innovative ideas that many find extremely interesting or appealing. Dining on a cruise ship is not the one and only aspect of cruising that determines how well the cruise will sell or how the ship will be received. We were initially skeptical of how or whether we would like Oasis or Allure (we feared that they would be too big, carry too many passengers etc.) When we boarded the ship for the first time, we were amazed at how well everything was laid out and how much planning had obviously gone into making sure that the ships never felt crowded and the easy traffic patterns that made getting around the ship so easy to understand. I'd suggest withholding judgement until the finished product has been introduced. You might be pleasantly surprised at how popular the ship turns out to be, and you might even come to like the concept of dynamic dining. If they don't appeal to you, there will still be twenty plus other RCi ships to satisfy you.:)

Whlle it may be "a lot less appealing" to you, I'm not sure you can generalize and claim that there won't be many who find the new dining concepts to be more appealing than the traditional and mtd dining options available on their other ships. There are also a large number of new and innovative ideas that many find extremely interesting or appealing. Dining on a cruise ship is not the one and only aspect of cruising that determines how well the cruise will sell or how the ship will be received. We were initially skeptical of how or whether we would like Oasis or Allure (we feared that they would be too big, carry too many passengers etc.) When we boarded the ship for the first time, we were amazed at how well everything was laid out and how much planning had obviously gone into making sure that the ships never felt crowded and the easy traffic patterns that made getting around the ship so easy to understand. I'd suggest withholding judgement until the finished product has been introduced. You might be pleasantly surprised at how popular the ship turns out to be, and you might even come to like the concept of dynamic dining. If they don't appeal to you, there will still be twenty plus other RCi ships to satisfy you.:)

Well that's just silly.