Want to know why your TA has a different final payment date?

Ever wanted to know why some travel agents list an earlier due date for final payment that shown on the Royal Caribbean website or invoice? Here are just a few of the reasons.

1. In the past month 50% of my clients had their cards compromised due to the Target fiasco and had new cards.

2. 10% of clients had a daily charge limit on their cards and final payment could not be processed.

3. 1% had their cards stolen and had to cancel their cards and use a different one for final payment.

4. 1% had switched cards for the amenity points.

The rest went through just fine. Chasing down the other 62% of people took more than a day in most cases. If I listed the cruise line final payment date as their due date, most of them would have lost their coveted stateroom and have to pay a higher price to rebook!

A reputable travel agent is not trying to get paid sooner, he or she really wants to make sure you get to go on the trip you have been planning for months!

Ever wanted to know why some travel agents list an earlier due date for final payment that shown on the Royal Caribbean website or invoice? Here are just a few of the reasons.

1. In the past month 50% of my clients had their cards compromised due to the Target fiasco and had new cards.

2. 10% of clients had a daily charge limit on their cards and final payment could not be processed.

3. 1% had their cards stolen and had to cancel their cards and use a different one for final payment.

4. 1% had switched cards for the amenity points.

The rest went through just fine. Chasing down the other 62% of people took more than a day in most cases. If I listed the cruise line final payment date as their due date, most of them would have lost their coveted stateroom and have to pay a higher price to rebook!

A reputable travel agent is not trying to get paid sooner, he or she really wants to make sure you get to go on the trip you have been planning for months!

Our T/A explained why he has the time buffer and it is ok with me. I would hate to spend all the time preparing for my cruise to have it all go up in smoke because of a credit card glitch on the last day. :eek:

That may be the case with you but sadly it doesn't explain why one very well known high street TA in the UK wants the final payment a full two months before RCI. I only used them once without realising this and would never use them again.

Gill