Cigar smoking...

dawgdawg

I know you are not supposed to smoke cigars on your balcony, but does anyone know if they really enforce this rule? Or is just meant to discourage?

They really enforce this rule.

If NCL doesn't enforce it, then a neighboring cabin certainly will report it. Smoke drifts easily from balcony to balcony.

The fact that you felt the need to ask this question is rather sad.

I know you are not supposed to smoke cigars on your balcony, but does anyone know if they really enforce this rule? Or is just meant to discourage?

They have a very nice cigar lounge where you'll find others smoking cigars. It's a nice place to chat and meet other people.

And no, it's not meant to discourage - it is enforced.

Harriet

While I'm sure there isn't a "cigar police" running around trying to find offenders, cigar smoke (and smell) is very pungent (sp?) and I would imagine that anyone on a neighboring balcony would be very quick to call it in. That being said, it would almost be impossible to avoid the smell from entering the cabins to some extent. I believe that is the reason for the rule. Some cigars have better aromas than others.

I don't know how they do it, but even when you walk by the cigar lounge, you don't smell a thing.

I'm sure by visiting the cigar lounge, you will meet other enthusiasts to chat with. I don't believe they allow it on the waterfront either (in the smoking sections) but I'm not certain.

Yep the cigar policy is enforced..................sorry. Some ships, but not all do have cigar bars.

Guests may utilize the enclosed cigar bars on board Norwegian Epic, Norwegian Gem, Norwegian Pearl, Norwegian Dawn and Norwegian Spirit for cigarette, cigar and pipe smoking.

In addition, the policy allows guests to smoke cigarettes, cigars and pipes in outdoor public guest spaces and open decks, where designated by the appropriate signage. Smoking is not permitted near outdoor venues which serve food, in open spaces such as the jogging track, sport complex, children’s pool and in The Haven outdoor areas.

Hope you can find a good place to enjoy your cigars!

Edited by kcwingwalker

Thank you for your answer (without the need to call me sad or self centered).

You posted asking if it is OK to break a rule on a ship with thousands of other people.

My post and opinion stands.

Oh really? Maybe you should stop criticizing me long enough to go and re-read the question. Tell me exactly where in the post does it suggest I am smoking cigars?

Maybe it is for my 78 year old grandfather with pancreatic cancer probably taking the last vacation of his life.

But then again, I am sad and self centered.

Edited by dawgdawg

Often (almost always) when a question is posted about smoking there will be some needless remarks. So far the remarks for this thread have been mild compared to other posts I have read.

Sorry that this has happened and hope your "Grandfather" enjoys a speedy recovery and his fine cigars.:)

Often (almost always) when a question is posted about smoking there will be some needless remarks. So far the remarks for this thread have been mild compared to other posts I have read.

Sorry that this has happened and hope your "Grandfather" enjoys a speedy recovery and his fine cigars.:)

I agree 100%.....

this is my last post on the matter - I had a simple question. I didn't expect to be insulted. My wife's grandpa has cancer. He has never cruised before, but has always wanted to do one. He is good enough health where we are going to try and take him on a cruise. We are considering a balcony. He has been a life long smoker of cigars (probably what caused the cancer - although with pancreatic cancer you can never be sure). If feeling well, he likes to sit in the sun and "puff' on a cigar. He rarely finishes one. I was trying to get a feel if it would be an issue. I got my answer. Some nicer than others.

Now, everyone move on - nothing else to see.

On the breakaway the cigar lounge has a nice outdoor section also. Very nice to sit and watch the ocean while smoking. There is even a bar there. The Gem has nice indoor area.

Safe sailing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Just FYI, there is no cigar bar on the Pride of America, and their smoking policy is the most restrictive of any NCL ship.

Cigar and Pipe smoking are only allowed on the open deck areas near the Waikiki bar on deck 13, and only in areas not adjacent to food service or sports areas.