booked the SUN

darjensil

Well we have booked the Sun for March of next year- now we have the WAITING!!!! I am looking for any reviews or thoughts on this ship as we have not sailed Norwegian before. Thanks.

Try the search feature and search this forum for "Sun" - lots of info here.

Here is a link to my review for the Feb 2004 sailing on the Sun.

http://www.cruisereviews.com/NorwegianCruiseLine/NorwegianSun68.htm

:) We have cruised on the Sun twice,the last time Mar/05. She is beautiful ship and you will have a great time! The crew were friendly,the cabins very comfortable, the food great (make sure you try the tapas) and we enjoyed the entertainment. I can't say enough good things about the Sun! I believe you will be leaving from New Orleans; we sailed from Miami, so some of the ports may be different. If you are going to Roatan, we spent the day at Fantasy Island. We never heard too much about this place but we enjoyed it throughly. Lovely beach (no sand fleas, which alot of beaches in Roatan have.)

I have cruised the Sun three times and found her to be a very nice ship.

Try Le Bistro and the tapas at Las Ramblas. I did not have dinner in the main dining room on any of my cruises; not a fan of freestyle and sailing solo made it even more unappealing.

I have cruised the Sun three times and found her to be a very nice ship.

Try Le Bistro and the tapas at Las Ramblas. I did not have dinner in the main dining room on any of my cruises; not a fan of freestyle and sailing solo made it even more unappealing.

Aww - caviargal - you should have tried the dining rooms and just asked to share a table - then you would not have had to dine alone (I just feel badly that you let this stop you from using the dining rooms.)

Well we have booked the Sun for March of next year- now we have the WAITING!!!! I am looking for any reviews or thoughts on this ship as we have not sailed Norwegian before. Thanks.

we were on the Sun in Dec 2004 and really enjoyed out cruise. She is a nice ship with a friendly helpful crew.

My best an oft repeated tip: READ the Freestyle Daily (You will get one delivered to your cabin every night). They contain a LOT of useful info about the upcoming day (like restaurant opening times and any theme nights and times and location of entertainment)

Thanks for the info. Sept. 25 will be my first time on the Sun.

Is there a covered pool or one with a retracting roof on the Sun?

The pools are out in the open on the pool deck... no cover.

Archived