Embarkment time

cheymom86

I'm traveling from Pa to NY in October for my first cruise on NCL Breakaway to Bahamas and Florida , but was wonderful wondering about timing. We will be traveling via a bus transportation service out of Allentown called Transbridge. So my first question is has anyone ever used them? And it says it get to the port at 1:45 departure on the website itinerary states departure is at 3pm is that time pushing it too close?

Thank you in advance for your help and advice

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I'm traveling from Pa to NY in October for my first cruise on NCL Breakaway to Bahamas and Florida , but was wonderful wondering about timing. We will be traveling via a bus transportation service out of Allentown called Transbridge. So my first question is has anyone ever used them? And it says it get to the port at 1:45 departure on the website itinerary states departure is at 3pm is that time pushing it too close?

No help on the bus, I'm in Texas:D

I would re-look and read the times, if you have a 3:00 sailing, you need to be there by 11:00, 1:45 is the cut off time to board. They will start quite a bit earlier in the day.

Hi cheymom86,

I've used Transbridge lots of times - I live just down the road in Bethlehem. A few years ago my DH and I used Transbridge to get to Manhattan Cruise Terminal. Our embarkation time was earlier so we couldn't use the pier transfer, and ended up getting off at Port Authority and taking a taxi to the cruise terminal (it IS walkable, but I wouldn't do it with luggage).

The buses are clean and comfortable for the short trip to the city. Are you heading to Manhattan Cruise Terminal, or Cape Liberty? If you're going to Manhattan Cruise Terminal, I wouldn't do the pier transfer, because I am always anxious about being late and the Transbridge schedule doesn't leave much room for error. The alternative would be one of the earlier Transbridge buses to Port Authority and taking a cab from there to the cruise terminal.

Hope that helped! ;)

Hi cheymom86,

I've used Transbridge lots of times - I live just down the road in Bethlehem. A few years ago my DH and I used Transbridge to get to Manhattan Cruise Terminal. Our embarkation time was earlier so we couldn't use the pier transfer, and ended up getting off at Port Authority and taking a taxi to the cruise terminal (it IS walkable, but I wouldn't do it with luggage).

The buses are clean and comfortable for the short trip to the city. Are you heading to Manhattan Cruise Terminal, or Cape Liberty? If you're going to Manhattan Cruise Terminal, I wouldn't do the pier transfer, because I am always anxious about being late and the Transbridge schedule doesn't leave much room for error. The alternative would be one of the earlier Transbridge buses to Port Authority and taking a cab from there to the cruise terminal.

Hope that helped! ;)

Thank you so much that helped tons figured it out with enough time!!

You have to be ON the ship, checked in and all that, 90 minutes before departure. Getting there at 1:45 is not what you want. You need to get an earlier bus or get to the city the day before. If you're late checking in, they can refuse you boarding, and you won't get a refund.

Hi cheymom86,

Hope that helped! ;)

Yes going to Manhattan with your suggestion it works out perfect again talk you shop much you just saved me a stress headache. I'm not fortune enough to have the means to stay in Ny overnight and pay for the Car to be parked 7 days(single parent income first vacation in 4 years)

Yes, it is pushing it close; you want to be in Manhattan at least by 11am or 12pm since you have to be on the ship at least 2 hours before ship departure - in your case its leaving at 3pm, so you need to be on board at 1pm ( 2 hours beforehand). Also, remember its the weekend; so budget yourself at least 30 minutes for waiting for a taxi and just in case traffic going up or if you're taking the subway from 42nd Street to 59th-Columbus Circle and a walk from there. Regarding the taxis, usually it 15 minutes but a street fair might be happening around that time since it Columbus day or Barbeque festival (can't remember which one). See if you can get a bus that leaving earlier in the morning and drops you off at least before 12pm at Port Authority.

• 5 months later...

cheymom86-what did you end up doing? I'm leaving on Sunday with a 4 pm ship departure. Transbridge stated the arrival time is 1:45pm. That really seems like it's cutting it close. I really don't want to go to the Port Authority, but I'm worried. I know they run this bus every Sunday and they know what they are doing, but I feel like it's really cutting it close.

Sounds like you already know the answer to this question.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums