my passport expires the day before my cruise

billy10

I am really disturbed that people believe an expired photo identification, enhanced license or passport/passport card will gain them re-entry back into the United States. I feel safer already...

I am really disturbed that people believe an expired photo identification, enhanced license or passport/passport card will gain them re-entry back into the United States. I feel safer already...

Meh. A closed loop cruise has different rules than international travel in general. If my passport is expired, I can renew it by mail with just the old one, a completed application and some money. An expired passport and birth certificate is more evidence than that right?

And I don't know why it would impact how safe you feel?

Meh. A closed loop cruise has different rules than international travel in general. If my passport is expired, I can renew it by mail with just the old one, a completed application and some money. An expired passport and birth certificate is more evidence than that right?

And I don't know why it would impact how safe you feel?

An expired passport is still proof of citizenship, not ID, so if you presented an expired passport and a birth certificate you would be presenting two proofs of citizenship without a government issued photo ID, so you would not be presenting what you need to present to board.

An expired passport is still proof of citizenship, not ID, so if you presented an expired passport and a birth certificate you would be presenting two proofs of citizenship without a government issued photo ID, so you would not be presenting what you need to present to board.

I'm not saying it would or should work. I'm just saying I don't understand why the previous poster thinks its completely insane or that it makes him feels unsafe that people think it could work.