Checkins for multiple cabins

jcallcut

I am cruising with my family in May and we have 2 cabins. I am setting both cabins up to charge to my credit card for onboard charges. My wife and I are past passengers at the silver level but the members of the other cabin are first time passengers on disney. Am I better off to bring them into the past passengers checkin line with me or for me to join them in the general checkin line? Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

Just reporting our experience:

First time we cruised with a second room being first time cruisers, the first time cruisers were allowed to use the Castaway Club line.

Second time we traveled with first time cruisers, and they were not allowed to go with us in the Castaway Club line.

Depends on the CM at the separation point.

The lines do vary a lot. We've gotten to the split point (where a CM directs you to the next appropriate desk) and been directed to the first timer desks on some occasions--they were less in demand than the CC desks.

Whether or not there is a special line for platinum castaway members also varies. On our most recent cruise, the CM couldn't get her computer to work properly at the platinum desk. We were directed to get BACK IN LINE for a regular desk. OK, going to a regular desk didn't bother me, but having to wait in line again rather did. Still, it wasn't a long wait and boarding hadn't started.

Bottom line, just show up at about your scheduled port arrival time and go with the flow. You will all be allowed to check in together; the placard over the desk you'll use doesn't matter.

If your credit card is going on the accounts for all KTTW cards' date=' you'll need to be there. It will not be an issue, no matter which line you are in. Often the Castaway line is longer than the first timer line![/quote']

Last year we went with a newbee and she stayed in line with us; with no problems. We are also silver.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Are the reservations linked if so these answers are correct, if their separate bookings then they can come with you.