Wish Disney cared.

Hannon815

Just an FYI...all of the phone reps DO take a short cruise to familiarize themselves with the ships. At the very least, an extensive tour.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

They don't get the tour until usually 60-90 days out, and don't get the cruise until they've earned a Mickey pin.

Am I the only one who would have just thrown away the underwear and not thought a second thing about it? I mean, yes, it shouldn't be there, but I could see a busy stateroom host on their busiest day forgetting to open one drawer. It happens. And I personally think that the free stuffed bears was going above and beyond. An apology and removal should be sufficient. Ditto on the food thing - they tried to make it right, they can't undo it. It happens.

Slide wise, the ship had a slide, that goes over the edge, like the dream and fantasy. The DCL rep who probably had never been on a ship could easily just think the OP meant a new slide, and 3 of the 4 ships have that. 2 minutes on the DCL website (which if the OP did any reservations he/she was probably on) would let you see the slides.

I'm curious what the OP thinks they are entitled to based on this?

Yup. I certainly can't imagine being traumatized by it, and seriously, if my kid was, it would be "suck it up, Buttercup" time.

Just an FYI...all of the phone reps DO take a short cruise to familiarize themselves with the ships. At the very least, an extensive tour.

I've read your posts stating this before, but I've also talked to 2 CMs who have told me that they've never even seen the ships. These are real, answering my questions CMs. It certainly helped to explain some of the confused answers I've gotten!

CM's are put on the phones under supervision, before they tour or cruise.

Not true that they don't even tour until they've been there 60-90 days. Seasonal workers tour and cruise rather quickly...3-4 weeks, if not sooner

I was on Disney Magic two years ago and had a great time. From what I understand, OP wanted to be on either the Fantasy or the Dream, with the Aquaduck. I agree that the phone rep misled her, but I don't understand how she couldn't have known which ship was which. Yes, she relied on the rep but at a certain point some research on her own would have been prudent. After my family booked the Magic the first thing I did was look up info on the ship, and I too was disappointed that it didn't have the Aquaduck.

As far as the underpants... on embarkation day she went all the way to Guest Services? On a day when the line is extra long? Why couldn't she have just found a housekeeper in the hall to take care of it? I probably would have just thrown it away and used a Lysol wipe to clean the drawer.

The sponge in the food is inexcuseable, but at this point it looks like OP is complaining for the sake of complaining. Like others, I am wondering what she was expecting. 3 free Winnie the Pooh stuffed bears and a 15% discount seems to be adequate compensation for her issues. It sounds like she was expecting to be refunded a significant portion of the cost of her cruise, which seems a bit unreasonable.

People are human, and mistakes get maid. The cleaning staff has only a few hours to clean the rooms between the time guests get off and new ones get on. Nobody is perfect, and I would have just said "oh well" and just enjoyed a cruise.

I know I would certainly take being on a cruise without the Aquaduck, having look at a boy's underpants, and a bit of sponge in my food any day, rather than sitting at home and at work wishing I was on one again. Even a cruise with three minor issues is better than no cruise at all.

I don't think it's odd that the OP hasn't been back, since nearly everyone has told them how stupid they think he/she is for not researching more.

If the OP just wanted to blow off steam, then mission accomplished.

If they wanted a sympathetic ear, they certainly didn't get it....so why come back?

He or she is smarter than the rest of us, for NOT going on and on about it.

Hello Miz Diasy!

I really think the lady was going a bit over the top. The *15% was a slap in the face* was quite dramatic and leads me to believe she wanted much more and may not have returned because one agreed with her.

Some parts of the story just doesn't ring true.

AKK

Edited by Tonka's Skipper