WHICH Beach in St. Maarten/St. Martin?

Seasons

As far as the starving dogs.... I lived in Puerto Rico for 2 years and they were all over the place. They would travel in packs... kinda scary, especially since it seemed most of them had part "Pit" in them. Can't explain it, don't know why... just the way it is. It's a different culture, way of life and I guess we can just chaulk it up to the "whole experience".

There are wonderful people on St. Maarten and St. Martin who care deeply about the dogs and cats. Click on the links below to see what I mean. Also, there is a Animal Welfare Foundation fund raising souvenir stand near the cruise docks, by the Dock Maarten marina and next to Bobby's Marina. Many vacation visitors support their efforts and some even adopt dog or cats, taking their new friends home at the end of their vacations.

St. Martin is a fantastic island and needs to be fully explored to appreciate the great people and true beauty found there. Guess I've never seen a fat dog on the island but I sure haven't seen any starving ones either.

http://www.snobsxm.org/

http://www.animal-welfare-sxm.com/volunteers.htm

Dawn Beach is absolute paradise. We rented a Jeep and drove over. You park at a little beach bar/resaturant. Decent restaurant/shower facilities. It was quiet and almost deserted when we were there on a Disney cruise July 2004.

Archived