Just back from Divina, full review to follow next week.

flahagan

Just wanted to say we LOVED it - I felt like I was on a European vacation without having to pay the exorbitant airfare.

The entertainment is simply incredible - this alone is worth the fare. I've never seen so much talent in one place, and I'm talking world-class singers and dancers in these productions. The costumes are breathtaking. We enjoyed the different talents in the lounges, too. The female classical trio (2 violins and a piano) who played in the atrium were terrific, started very early in the evening and played until the wee hours. They were joined by Igor, who played standards while the girls took breaks and he was wonderful as well.

Loved the dueling piano guys. Really enjoyed the singer/guitarist/synthesizer fellow who played outdoors at the garden bar (I'll provide a name later), great selection of international pop. The Latin Trio was awesome.

Ship is beautiful and very clean, lots of glass everywhere and it's spotless. Fabulous selection of bar drinks - loved the vouchers!

Breakfast buffet was huge, lunch was good but dinner buffet was very limited. Pasta dishes were really good, as were the breads at dinner in the MDR.

Cabin steward was good but nearly invisible. He didn't always remove old glasses or exchange them for new ones, which we found a bit strange, but we really liked our cabin (12169 Cat. 11 balcony). WAY too many kids on this particular cruise since it was spring break, so we spent a lot of time on our balcony.

Servers were generally very friendly.

Was it perfect? No, there are a few areas that could improve a bit, but overall we were very impressed.

Very tired tonight, so a full review will come later. But I just wanted to reassure those of you with upcoming cruises not to worry, it's a class act. In fact, it will be our preferred ship for future Caribbean cruises.

Just wanted to say we LOVED it - I felt like I was on a European vacation without having to pay the exorbitant airfare.

The entertainment is simply incredible - this alone is worth the fare. I've never seen so much talent in one place, and I'm talking world-class singers and dancers in these productions. The costumes are breathtaking. We enjoyed the different talents in the lounges, too. The female classical trio (2 violins and a piano) who played in the atrium were terrific, started very early in the evening and played until the wee hours. They were joined by Igor, who played standards while the girls took breaks and he was wonderful as well.

Loved the dueling piano guys. Really enjoyed the singer/guitarist/synthesizer fellow who played outdoors at the garden bar (I'll provide a name later), great selection of international pop. The Latin Trio was awesome.

Ship is beautiful and very clean, lots of glass everywhere and it's spotless. Fabulous selection of bar drinks - loved the vouchers!

Breakfast buffet was huge, lunch was good but dinner buffet was very limited. Pasta dishes were really good, as were the breads at dinner in the MDR.

Cabin steward was good but nearly invisible. He didn't always remove old glasses or exchange them for new ones, which we found a bit strange, but we really liked our cabin (12169 Cat. 11 balcony). WAY too many kids on this particular cruise since it was spring break, so we spent a lot of time on our balcony.

Was it perfect? No, there are a few areas that could improve a bit, but overall we were very impressed.

Very tired tonight, so a full review will come later. But I just wanted to reassure those of you with upcoming cruises not to worry, it's a class act. In fact, it will be our preferred ship for future Caribbean cruises.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise and i totally agree in regards to the entertainment, fabulous.

Glad you enjoyed,, how was the bacon? Haha I couldn't resist. :D

I don't know about the buffets, but in the MDR I am going to guess that someone must have been reading the bacon "complaints" and discussion because I didn't order my bacon to be cooked/crispy, but that is how if came every time...except for disembarkation day. I don't know what happened, other than it was an "express'" breakfast order, the bacon was raw and I started laughing. The poor waiter didn't know what was going on. I made it worse by telling him it was okay, just an inside joke, then I confused him more by trying to explain about what an inside joke was and how the Divina was famous for its bacon cooked rare. Anyway, that is my contribution to the bacon posts.

Cheers! Raoul

Looking forward to your review!:)

Thanks for your quick notes. After reading some of the newer reviews I was beginning to think I was on a different ship altogether in early March! I had a great time. I look forward to your review.

Cheers!

I don't know about the buffets, but in the MDR I am going to guess that someone must have been reading the bacon "complaints" and discussion because I didn't order my bacon to be cooked/crispy, but that is how if came every time...except for disembarkation day. I don't know what happened, other than it was an "express'" breakfast order, the bacon was raw and I started laughing. The poor waiter didn't know what was going on. I made it worse by telling him it was okay, just an inside joke, then I confused him more by trying to explain about what an inside joke was and how the Divina was famous for its bacon cooked rare. Anyway, that is my contribution to the bacon posts.

Cheers! Raoul

LOL, well express breakfast means not cooked. :D

Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself.

I have to agree, the shows on MSC are the best I have seen so far. Loved the Poesia last year and looking forward to seeing all the shows on the Davina.

So...was the bacon rubbery- cooked medium with lots of juicy fatty parts (yummy) or was it burnt to a crisp and breakable type?

How did you survive without the wrap around promenade? Did it make you feel as if you were on an inferior ship, compared to a HAL ship?:D

Looking forward to your review

Glad you enjoyed,, how was the bacon? Haha I couldn't resist. :D

Haha, actually the bacon was really good - not paper thin like some other lines and had a very good flavor. And "baked" just the way we liked it.

We were on the same cruise 3/22-3/29. Could not agree more. Was one of if not the best cruises I have been on. Don't know if I will have time to write a review but food, rooms, entertainment..... all A+++.

Glad you had a great time too.

Welcome home. I'm looking forward to reading your full review. We will be sailing on the Apr. 19th Eastern Caribbean & can't wait. Glad to read many positives. I cruised the first US season in 2005 on MSC Opera and LOVED it.

The Euro atmosphere, Italian officers, Animation Team (very different than other lines social staff), INCREDABLE FOOD, ect.... I could go on, were hugely refreshing change from the mass market lines that cater to the US market. Some say that MSC is a European equivalent to NCL, but I felt it was very luxe for the pricing and all around atmosphere.

Welcome home. I'm looking forward to reading your full review. We will be sailing on the Apr. 19th Eastern Caribbean & can't wait. Glad to read many positives. I cruised the first US season in 2005 on MSC Opera and LOVED it.

The Euro atmosphere, Italian officers, Animation Team (very different than other lines social staff), INCREDABLE FOOD, ect.... I could go on, were hugely refreshing change from the mass market lines that cater to the US market. Some say that MSC is a European equivalent to NCL, but I felt it was very luxe for the pricing and all around atmosphere.

My review with some pics is up on this forum now. I'm sure you'll have a great time!