Cambria Suites - light breakfast available? shuttle?

tbmrt

I've been checking sites and see that Cambria Suites Fort Laud. has a good rating, but a $10pp charge for hot buffet breakfast...We wouldn't want that since we'll be eating so much on the cruise!! Can we get a light breakfast/coffee at their restaurant instead?

Also, has anyone taken the shuttle to the airport recently? Charge or included?

We usually take a taxi back to hotel after cruise rather than wait for hotel shuttle.

I retuned from my cruise last sunday and stayed at this hotel. Coffee is complimentary, and yes, breakfast is ten bucks. The shuttle is free to the airport and runs every hour. Let the front desk know what time you want to catch the shuttle.

Edited by cbabe

I retuned from my cruise last sunday and stayed at this hotel. Coffee is complimentary, and yes, breakfast is ten bucks. The shuttle is free to the airport and runs every hour. Let the front desk know what time you want to catch the shuttle.

Thanks for the info. Did you take their shuttle to the cruiseport in addition to the airport shuttle? Efficient? Charge?

How about the shuttle back? Or taxi fare if you did so instead.

Can we get a light breakfast at hotel restaurant rather than the buffet?

Possible dinner restaurant recommendation?

Appreciate your help.

Barbara

Hi,

No, we did not use this hotel for pre cruise. We were booked on a charter and used the host hotel associated with it. I know there is a breakfast buffet, but I don't know a light breakfast. As soon as you get off of the elevator their trying to push the buffet on you. There is nothing in walking distance around this hotel, the hotel pretty much is sitting by itself. We ate at the hotel restaurant for dinner. The food was quite good.

Edited by cbabe

Why not just call the hotel and get the info direct from them? Sometimes during certain periods of the year, shuttle schedules change. Most hotels do not include a pick up after the cruise at the port. Cab is the way to go. Maybe $15 a ride (not per person)

Edited by eandj

• 6 months later...
I've been checking sites and see that Cambria Suites Fort Laud. has a good rating, but a $10pp charge for hot buffet breakfast...We wouldn't want that since we'll be eating so much on the cruise!! Can we get a light breakfast/coffee at their restaurant instead?

Also, has anyone taken the shuttle to the airport recently? Charge or included?

We usually take a taxi back to hotel after cruise rather than wait for hotel shuttle.

I stayed there before. The thing I like is being able to leave my car there at no charge. I took their shuttle, but it was kind of a hassle--but I have sharp elbows. Took a cab from port at the end of the cruise. We're going on the same cruise. Hi.

We stayed at Cambria since my original post above....Very satisfied!

Read that the Las Vegas Cuban restaurant was good as well.

If you booked through the Stay123 site and leave your car, the shuttle is free. If you book another way, it may be $8 or $10. Be sure to bring your hotel confirmation paperwork with you to show them just in case. We just mentioned that it was supposed to be free and they said OK last time we stayed there. No problem w/shuttle going to port. We did have to wait about 15 minutes for return shuttle. May just grab a cab back next time after cruise - think it is about $18 + tip.

There is a pretty large strip mall down the road from the hotel about 1/2 a mile with shopping, McDonald's and a good fish restaurant in it. I wouldn't recommend walking there due to traffic pattern, but easily drivable. Just make a left out of hotel parking lot.

I'm not sure if they offer individual breakfast items..We headed to McDonalds for breakfast since DH loves their coffee and we don't like to eat much before cruise.

Edited by tbmrt
add