Just off the Sunshine March 23-30 2014 Western Caribbean

jaime

Just off the Carnival Sunshine March 23-30 2014

Group of 45 people ALL ages

Started the trip 1 day early in New Orleans at the Holiday inn west tower gretna LA. Nice and clean paid $149 and was able to leave our car at the hotel for the week for free. Free $20 breakfast voucher- food not great. We taxi over to the port for $7 pp. very very easy process

We booked Crescent City Bike tours. $49. 3 hour easy bike ride on a cruiser bikes Beautiful sites and lots of great info

We walked through bourbon street a must see. ;)

Ship was beautiful clean and FUN

We were on deck 2 with inside and outside cabins

I saw a few buckets but it didn't affect my trip in anyway-just giggled

Did smell "the smell" from time to time but it didn't affect my trip just thought back to the reviews of how it did ruin some

Food was great/good on the ship

MDR lots of choices

Guys burgers great

Lots of choices on the ship

Outside cabin on deck 2 nice size

toilet area the normal small the shower was larger- impressed. We had 2 people in our cabin . We did have a shower back up once. Getting ready for dinner we had 3 showers backed to back in our cabin and our friends next door showered in their showers backed to back so maybe too much for the drainage system to handle at that time. Used our towels to soak up told our cabin steward and didn't have a problem again...

Inside cabin was smaller than our cabin. We had 4 kids in it 20 14 14 12. All of their clothes fit we just had to be thrifty with space. They had a slight smell problem in their bathroom. We told the cabin steward but not sure if it was 2 14 year old boys or the ship????

Our cabin steward was out of sight most of the time but our room was always cleaned and stocked like we needed. Our friends cabin steward was always a round and friendly

Service was fantastic. All staff acted as though they loved their job and happy to work there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loved the red frog pub. We spent most of our evenings there playing shuffle board and enjoying drinks with Andrew ferguson the one man band

Roatan our favorite port!! We did express zipline (zip in clip) through the ship. 2 years ago we used them when it wasn't through the ship- now very commercialized- like an assembly line

:((((( Last time we had our own guides from the beginning to the end giving us all kinds of info teaching us how to zipline breaking doing flips etc . Now they don't even let you break on your own

We used victor bodden to transfer our group of 43 to west end village half moon caye. Fantastic tour operator. Felt very safe and had clean busses!!! Victor bodden has all kinds of tours you can take. Very quick to respond by email! Loved west end village. Little shops restaurants. Best snorkeling at the reef Not commercialized but know the locals will be there all day to sell sell sell!!

Belize we just got off the ship to shop. We did go past the security gates a block or 2 and that was fun. We just bartered with the locals at a small straw market type place. We had drinks salsa and chips at the wet lizard. Great view fun atmosphere!

Cozumel

A group of 13 of us went to mr sanchos. We enjoyed ourselves! Good drinks fun pool great service with 6 ships being in port I was concerned mr sanchos would be too crowded. It wasn't too bad

My husband and 5 others did discover scuba through dive paradise. My husband is certified but the others weren't. He said they enjoyed themselves! Saw a lot of marine life. Discover scuba was $63pp for non certified plus taxi

We had a fantastic trip and would sail carnival again! I would sail the sunshine again too

Fantastic trip! Would sail carnival againWe had a fantastic trip!! Any questions please let me know!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the great review!!!do you happen to have photos of the rooms? Especially with the 4 in the cabin. I am traveling with ages 17-20 10 of them for graduation and would love to show them the set up on sunshine. We are leaving from port canaveral!!:)

Serenity looked nice and pool was very pretty. It was always packed so we went elsewhere. Lots of chair hogs. I did see one carnival worker tagging towels with the time stickers. I didn't take pics if the cabins. Our 4 kids were in an inside with 4 bunk beds in the shape of an L. Definite size difference in our outside cabin vs their inside. The kids didn't care they weren't in their cabin often. I was definitely concerned by all the sunshine reviews!!!!! I was pleasantly surprised. I hoped it would be fine we aren't complainers and enjoy paradise for a week and felt very blessed we could do this trip!!

Thanks for the review. We did the Sunshine a few months ago and agree with you. Beautiful ship. Hope to sail on her again one day. Next week is the Sunshine's last cruise out of New Orleans as she heads off to Port Canaveral.

Question...any idea what the Platinum gift was? Just being curious. We'll be on the relocation cruise next week. After relocating Sunshine to NOLA via the TA last November, we decided to relocate her to Florida!! First Platinum cruise next week, been some talk about changes to the Plat gift...so just curious.

Question: We will be sailing sunshine in October, on deck 1 inside. Could you tell me if the closets had shelves or not. I've read a couple of reviews and some said yes and some said no. Just wondering as there will be 4 of us in one room as well. Thanks for your time. ;)

Question...any idea what the Platinum gift was? Just being curious. We'll be on the relocation cruise next week. After relocating Sunshine to NOLA via the TA last November, we decided to relocate her to Florida!! First Platinum cruise next week, been some talk about changes to the Plat gift...so just curious.

Hello not sure of the platinum gift... We are far from it. :) enjoy!!

Edited by jaime

Question: We will be sailing sunshine in October, on deck 1 inside. Could you tell me if the closets had shelves or not. I've read a couple of reviews and some said yes and some said no. Just wondering as there will be 4 of us in one room as well. Thanks for your time. ;)

We were on deck 2. The inside cabin had shelves in the closet and small drawers our outside only had a top narrow shelf but much larger drawer space! Each cabin had a 3rd closet door with shelves but the safe was in there and our life jackets

We were on deck 2. The inside cabin had shelves in the closet and small drawers our outside only had a top narrow shelf but much larger drawer space! Each cabin had a 3rd closet door with shelves but the safe was in there and our life jackets

Thanks for the information.

On the March 9 sailing it was the canvas tote bag/cooler.