RC's Royal Connect Phones

I'm going on the Allure soon and I've tried to get info from Royal Caribbean about their on board phones you can rent to keep in touch with your kids, but they just tell me to talk to the people on board. That doesn't help me prepare before the cruise, so I'm hoping you all can help! Researching here, I know they are like $30 each to rent, are $1,000 to replace if you break it, and I have to get one right when I board otherwise they will be all gone. What I DON'T know is:

1. Do they come with any kind of holster or something to carry it in? I'm going to have 2 kids with me and am wondering how they are going to keep a hold of a phone all day while playing, eating, etc. with a bunch of other kids. If the phones don't come with a holster, does RC give kids a pouch or something to hold their card in that could fit the phone, too?

2. Is it an iPhone 4 or 5? If I want to buy something for them to carry it in, I'd have to know which model.

3. I've heard rumors that if you have a personal iPhone you can just install their app and use that the same way. Is this true? RC couldn't even confirm this for me. It would be nice to not have to carry 2 phones on me on port days!

Were you able to find anything on this? I tried to look through the link that was provided below, however there are so many questions, so much info, I can not find anything specific to these phones. I want to know where on Oasis we go to get these so can get to it as soon as I get on board.

How old are your kids? This would make a difference. If they go to the kid's program they wouldn't need a phone. Will they just be wandering around the ship, then maybe. Will they go ashore by themselves? I wouldn't want my kids just getting off any ship, any port, with out me. Why would you need two phones?

How old are your kids? This would make a difference. If they go to the kid's program they wouldn't need a phone. Will they just be wandering around the ship, then maybe. Will they go ashore by themselves? I wouldn't want my kids just getting off any ship, any port, with out me. Why would you need two phones?

My kids are only 3 and 7. However I am not going to give them a phone. My main reason for wanting these is cause my daughter is stuck to my sister-in laws hips and I hate when they wander off and I can not find her. So I wanted to be able to use the Royal Connect GPS feature to track them down.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app