Cd on fantasy

landonsnanny

Who is the new CD on the Fantasy???

As of our cruise which ended yesterday morning, (March 25 -30) it was "Island Girl", Murietta Durrant. We had Risa Barnes on the last Fantasy cruise and thought she was great. "Island Girl" is a sweet person and her Island accent is charming but it is almost impossible to understand her announcements. I am used to all kinds of accents from all over the world but she makes no attempt to pronounce many words in universally understandable and commonly accepted ways. My wife and I laughed every time we heard her talk about filling out the "Customs Decorations", but at least we knew what she was talking about when the vast majority of the time we had no idea.

We skipped all the shows she emceed and could not understand much of what she was saying on ship-wide PA announcements.

One the plus side, the cruise was GREAT. A fellow Charlestonian was onboard with me as we were both "chaperoning" four newly 18 year old high school girls and we both agreed, you could sail Seabourn (or more expensive if there is such a line) and you could not possibly get better bartenders than we had on the Fantasy.

She took a land based job with the chamber of commerce in her hometown.

I know our last cruise I talked to her and she was lamenting on whether or not to stay on the Fantasy.Sad to see her leave Risa was always very approachable and made time to speak w/anyone that wanted to talk to her.She will be missed. .