Port of Miami question??

We stayed at Holiday Inn a few years back the night before our cruise. It was a good experience. We woke up seeing our ship docked out our window in the morning. We are leaving o the Breeze this June. We booked Embassy Suites this time closer to the airport. Now I'm having second thoughts. Thinking of changing reservation now. Any opinions or info on this would be appreciated.

I always like to stay at the Holiday Inn across from the Bayside Shopping area. It's a great location for dinner, entertainment, and shopping the day before a cruise. I think you should stay there. You can take a cab to the port the next day--about $20 bucks I think.:)

We stayed at Holiday Inn a few years back the night before our cruise. It was a good experience. We woke up seeing our ship docked out our window in the morning. We are leaving o the Breeze this June. We booked Embassy Suites this time closer to the airport. Now I'm having second thoughts. Thinking of changing reservation now. Any opinions or info on this would be appreciated.

We have cruised out of Miami twice. The first time we stayed at the Holiday Inn. It was great for what it was. It was a little "tired" in our opinion, needed some updating. Also, the Bayside is not as big an attraction to us, as Baltimore has the inner harbor which is Bayside on steroids!

The second time we wanted to be closer to the beach and ventured out to an area between Miami Beach and Fort Lauderdale. We really enjoyed this and got to sample more "local" cuisines. We were also very close to ammenitiy shopping. We also got a better airfare flying into FLL, instead of Miami.

Never stayed close to an airport during any vacation, cruise or other, so don't really have an opinion on that location. However, when you are that close to being on or near the water, we would chose not to stay at the airport.

You might want to see if you can get a deal for the Intercontinental on Chopin at last minute travel dot com. It is the best Miami hotel for pre-cruise IMO, and sometimes you can get one of those deals for Intercontinental where you don't learn the hotel name until you book.

I stayed at Embassy Suites in Sept. 2013 and Dec. 2013 and there was a big difference they had changed owners between the 2 visits and I personally was not impressed with new owners and how they ran it. That being said when I go next month I will be staying at Hampton Inn Blue lagoon. I am driving and I much prefer their parking amenities.

Best place in Miami is SOUTH BEACH:)I live close to the airport is nice but if I come on vacation to Mia I will go to Miami Beach.

Edited by Isasprings

ES is close to the MIA airport and is fairly isolated -- fine if you are flying in late and just want a few free drinks, dinner, a nice room and great breakfast all within the hotel.

Arriving earlier and want to stay downtown close to POM and local dining and nightlife? Check out the Doubletree, Marriott, IC, Hyatt, Holiday Inn and Hampton Inn Mary Brickell.