Drop Early Saver for Kids Sail Free...

Kimberlyr22

In a bit of a conundrum so I thought I'd ask the advice of those who know better than me...

I currently have Early Saver rate booked for our August cruise on the Pride. Three of us in a Vista Suite.

The price has not budged since I booked the cruise six-ish months ago; however, the Kids Sail Free promotion looks like it would provide a small discount. However, within an hour of me figuring out I could get a small savings and move my final payment date out to 30-days before the cruise, the last Vista Suite was snatched up.

I talked to Carnival and was told I can gamble and cancel my room and then immediately rebook, hoping that what I think the price will be is actually the price it is....but I'm torn.

The base rate for the Kids Sail Free promo for suites on my cruise (for three people) is $3458; Vista Suites when I booked were $10/person/day more than the base rate. So assuming this remains true, I'd be looking at a $70 savings (after the $150 early saver penalty is assessed); but, more importantly, I'd be able to push my final payment to July, which would allow me not to dig into my savings for this cruise.

I guess the ultimate question is -- when the Vista Suite goes back to available, will it not be included in Kids Sail Free, or extra price per day go up?

Thoughts/advice/prior experience?

Thanks!

I didn't see an answer to this for you. We have 4 people in an Ocean Suite booked early saver. With the Kids Sail Free our price was almost $958 less. So I called Carnival, they released my suite temporarily and rebooked me in the same suite at the KSF price. They did charge my $200 cancellation fee but I still saved $758 which was well worth it to me. They did all the work, I didn't and I didn't feel it was a risk of losing my suite the entire time. I think you may need to call them and talk to someone new, if the savings is worth it to you.

Seems like a lot of hassle and a mild risk of losing your stateroom for $70.

I understand having to tap into savings to pay for your cruise with the earlier final payment, but whether it's now or 45 days later, you'll still have to pay for it so I wouldn't even consider that to be a deciding factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the answers. I made a third and final call to Carnival today and got a representative who, without having to beg, said because I had early saver she could just lower my price to the kids sail free rate ($220 savings), gave me the 30 day out final pmt date, and kept me on early saver so if suite rates drop again I still have maneuverability. Although at this point I'm more than happy. I thought early saver stopped being a benefit when your room category sold out, but as others have said, it all depends on who you get on the phone that day (which should be fixed, but worked out in my favor this time!).

Holding on tightly to the confirmation email in case I run into any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app