7-day or 12-Day?

NewCruiserMPC

We currently have a 7-Day booked for June 2015 (Rome to Barcelona).

I'll get 2 weeks of vacation and nothing more. Our current plan is to arrive a couple of days early explore Venice/Rome and then leave a couple days later and explore Barcelona.

Would it be worth it to do a 12 day instead? Not sure which option would be most desired.

If this were your trip - what would you do?

You say "two weeks vacation". Are you saying you only have 14 total days? Are you counting weekends?

We did 1 travel day to Paris & on to Rome, 3 days pre-cruise in Rome, 12 day cruise, 3 days post cruise in Venice and 2 days in Paris for a total trip of 21 days. After traveling all the way to Europe, we wanted to get as much for our buck as we could.

The 7 day cruise with 2 days in front and 2 days in back with the 2 travel days will get you at 13 days which is already pretty close to your 2 weeks.

If you do a 12 day cruise and 2 days in front and 2 in back and 2 travel days, it's going to be over your "two weeks".

Only you know what you can do. Have fun planning, then taking your cruise.

You say "two weeks vacation". Are you saying you only have 14 total days? Are you counting weekends?

We did 1 travel day to Paris & on to Rome, 3 days pre-cruise in Rome, 12 day cruise, 3 days post cruise in Venice and 2 days in Paris for a total trip of 21 days. After traveling all the way to Europe, we wanted to get as much for our buck as we could.

The 7 day cruise with 2 days in front and 2 days in back with the 2 travel days will get you at 13 days which is already pretty close to your 2 weeks.

If you do a 12 day cruise and 2 days in front and 2 in back and 2 travel days, it's going to be over your "two weeks".

Only you know what you can do. Have fun planning, then taking your cruise.

I think your response has helped make my decision. I have 14 days total... so I guess 7 day cruise it is. I hadn't really figured in travel time. Thank you!!!

I think your response has helped make my decision. I have 14 days total... so I guess 7 day cruise it is. I hadn't really figured in travel time. Thank you!!!

You're very welcome. Enjoy your cruise to Europe. It is an awesome destination.

Be sure to have a Plan "A", but also a Plan "B" for when Plan A falls apart. It happened to us a lot. And then be prepared to go with the flow if Plan A and Plan B fall apart. Things are run totally different in Europe than in the US.

We currently have a 7-Day booked for June 2015 (Rome to Barcelona).

I'll get 2 weeks of vacation and nothing more. Our current plan is to arrive a couple of days early explore Venice/Rome and then leave a couple days later and explore Barcelona.

Would it be worth it to do a 12 day instead? Not sure which option would be most desired.

If this were your trip - what would you do?

Its to bad you cant sqeeze in a couple more days. But if not i would forget Venice and stay just with Rome. You dont have enough time to even try and get both in. Flying from the west coast you need to leave on a Saturday overnight on Sunday and sail on Monday for example. I live in Washington State and have done 3 Meds in the last 5 years and only one has went off without some sort of airline delay or problem. Have sailed twice out of Barcelona and the last one from Rome. Both are great cities but since you leave from Rome i would put my available time into that city and overnight in Barcelona when you arrive there. You can get off the ship get to your hotel drop the luggage and still get in a nice tour. We used the HOHO Bus our first trip and it worked well. The Hotel Continental is in a great location and the rates are very decent. I would try and do 2 or 3 nights in Rome and stay in the historic center of the city. Without knowing your exact day of departure and arrival i cant really help anymore. Larry