Mini Suite sofa, couch, davenport, chesterfield....

jingle5616

Can anyone tell me if there is any difference between the regular balcony cabin sofa and the Mini Suite sofa. We are looking at the Jewel, but have never cruised in a Jewel class Mini suite before. Jinglette spends considerable time in the cabin. We are hoping the sofa is a bit more comfortable in the Mini suite...... Anyone, Anyone? Bueller?

the couches are very different. The balcony rooms have a "double bed" sized fold out couch jammed between the bed and the balcony. The mini has a real couch and is separated from the bed by a curtain. It also folds down for sleeping 2 instead of 1

Check out pictures of the two room types.

Balcony (not my pic)

1155911078.jpg

Mini (my pic)

DSCN4708-vi.jpg

the couches are very different. The balcony rooms have a "double bed" sized fold out couch jammed between the bed and the balcony. The mini has a real couch and is separated from the bed by a curtain. It also folds down for sleeping 2 instead of 1

Balcony (not my pic)

Mini (my pic)

That's a nice set of legs in the first pic! But not your legs.

Your room is so much cleaner! LOL

Harriet

Balcony (not my pic)

1155911078.jpg

Mini (my pic)

DSCN4708-vi.jpg

Have the same question about the EPIC. We originally booked balcony cabins and upgraded to mini suites. This is the balcony sofa photo my TA sent me at time of booking. Definitely doesn't appear 'pull out' :confused: Will the mini suite be different? Our friend's will have their 16 y.o. daughter in their cabin. Thanks :)

epic_bed.jpg.d801df7e61b4b478b1ee3dacaf4310e4.jpg

The couch in the Epic balcony and mini are the same. It slides out from under the backrest instead of flipping out or folding down like on other ships. The backrest is mounted on the wall, and there is lots of storage behind the cushions (they actual open up). It's a single person bed. A 4th person would sleep in a bunk that pulls down from the ceiling.

Here's the couch

350-vi.jpg

Here is the couch pulled out and made into a bed. My teen slept on it and was quite comfortable. It's firm, so you may request a foam topper you prefer softer

411-vi.jpg

410-vi.jpg

Here is a picture of the lower couch and an upper bunk made into beds

345-vi.jpg

Edited by sdmike