Public entrance to 7 mile beach...where is it?

cruzn buckeye

We took a cab and had them drop us at the public entrance to the beach. I can't remember which hotel it was near. But the water was perfect, you could walk a long way out before it dropped off, and it was not crowded. Does anyone know what hotel this area would be by? It wasn't the Colony....it was further down.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

There are numerous public access points to the beach, but most are narrow public rights of way that allow the public to cross private beach land to get to the water. You are probably referring to the "Public Beach", a section of Seven Mile Beach, several hundred feet of beach, which is completely open to the public, with changing facilities and cabanas. It is located north of the Westin Hotel and South of the Courtyard by Marriott hotel (formerly the new Holiday Inn). Hope this helps.

Can you get food and drinks at this public beach on Seven Mile Beach? Can you rent lounge chairs and umbrellas? Are there cabs available to take you back to the ship or would we have to walk over to one of the hotels mentioned?

The Seven Mile Beach excursion through the ship is $28 per person! We would rather get a cab and go to the public beach.

Thanks for your help. :D

I would not do the Carnival excursion...I have done it before. It takes you to the Colony. It is much too crowded and the water drops off fast.

The public beach is exactly what I was talking about. Maybe I'll check to see if the Westin does day passes.

Where is Sea Grape Beach? Does anyone have pictures posted?

Thanks!

The entire 7 mile beach is a public beach on Grand Cayman. You can find many access points...a fairly nice area that would not be crowded is between the Anchorage and Christopher Columbus condominiums. From Georgetown you can take the West Bay bus there for $2. This part of the beach is farther from town so you won't have the huge crowd of the ships. Remember though, that even though the entire beach is public it's not a good idea to use the chairs that belong to the condominiums. Those are private property, but the sand is free game! Stretch out on your towel and enjoy the beauty of Grand Cayman.

Can you get food and drinks at this public beach on Seven Mile Beach? Can you rent lounge chairs and umbrellas? Are there cabs available to take you back to the ship or would we have to walk over to one of the hotels mentioned?

The Seven Mile Beach excursion through the ship is $28 per person! We would rather get a cab and go to the public beach.

Thanks for your help. :D

Yes, you can get food and drinks at Sea Grape Beach. The prices are pretty high there, but the food is good. You can rent chairs (I think they were $10 each) and lots of other beach stuff too. You can also use nearby shade shelters for free. There is a taxi stop directly across the street from the beach and cabs stop there if you wait there. They will honk to "ask" if you want a ride, just wave and they'll stop.

I would not do the Carnival excursion...I have done it before. It takes you to the Colony. It is much too crowded and the water drops off fast.

The public beach is exactly what I was talking about. Maybe I'll check to see if the Westin does day passes.

Where is Sea Grape Beach? Does anyone have pictures posted?

Thanks!

Here are a few (FEW ?!?) pics from Nativeway, Marriott Courtyard (where Nativeway dropped me off after), Sea Grape (next door), Abanks Dive shop-Paradise-Eden Rock Dive shop area

Q+3-EHf1v6vrpT1hh6gSNM1VCvjlN-6w0060.jpg zydecocruiser's Album:Valor - Grand Cayman

Click on the link above to view the 221 pictures in this album. As the recipient, you can download, re-share and order prints and merchandise containing these pictures. Please do not use the owner's pictures in an unexpected way.

Hi...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: anyone know where along the 7 miles beach are free parking facilities for a rented car? Thanks for the info...I'm planning to go to Rum point first and then stop by the 7 mile beach for a short visit. Hear so many good things about it and I don't want to skip this stop!!

Hi...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: anyone know where along the 7 miles beach are free parking facilities for a rented car? Thanks for the info...I'm planning to go to Rum point first and then stop by the 7 mile beach for a short visit. Hear so many good things about it and I don't want to skip this stop!!

There seems to be ample parking across the street from Sea Grape each. I would think many of the hotels would be fair game. How would they know?

8ihCtga7L49gSguWnuRYD95eJvgQPgVV0300.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived