Double Upgarde - back for the fall 2014

shipsoul

Interior to Veranda is good deal. We took advantage of offer last year. Only difference would be the 25% savings on excursions. Price per day goes from $438 to $321 for our cruise. The veranda per diem is very close to the old pricing. Hopefully Choice Air will have something as well. Cheers :)

After looking at this promotion on the Azamara website, I'm a little confused. Does this apply only to the fall 2014 sailings listed or to the 2015 sailings listed as well?

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/special-offers/double-upgrade

All the sailings listed on the page are included in the promo, this year and next. The fine print says it's combinable with the onboard booking bonus and back-to-back savings as well!

After looking at this promotion on the Azamara website, I'm a little confused. Does this apply only to the fall 2014 sailings listed or to the 2015 sailings listed as well?

The infomation I have just received says that it also applies to the sailings listed in 2015

If you scroll down that page to the bottom past all the amenities, it lists all of the cruises available for the offer. Of course the one we are looking at in 2015 is not included ...

And the price for the cruise that we previously booked with the "Oceanview to Veranda" upgrade is identical to the new pricing with the "Interior to Veranda" upgrade.:D

Yes, they raised the price of an Inside at least a week ago to what was previously the quoted price for an O8 Ocean View. ;)

Yes, they raised the price of an Inside at least a week ago to what was previously the quoted price for an O8 Ocean View. ;)

OK, you grab the smoke and I'll grab the mirrors. Hey, let's put on a promotion!

And the price for the cruise that we previously booked with the "Oceanview to Veranda" upgrade is identical to the new pricing with the "Interior to Veranda" upgrade.:D

And with the increased pricing on some cruises since bookings opened it's no bargain for those who waited. That's why I did not wait. It's a wash.

OK, you grab the smoke and I'll grab the mirrors. Hey, let's put on a promotion!

Not so fast!! Not all prices have been raised across the board. With careful shopping this promo yields some sweet little surprises. I have the 2014 and 2015 catalogs so I know what the opening fares are, and when a promo like this comes up, I always cross reference.

Bargain: 7 Night Corsica and Tuscany Voyage on the Journey, Oct. 4, 2014 Veranda and Inside both priced at $2299 down from the original price of $3099 (veranda). Or how about this one. 9 Night History of the Aegean Voyage on the Quest, Nov 1, 2014. Veranda priced at Inside's original price of $2799. Or this. 12 Nights St. Petersburg, London, & Sail Amsterdam Weekend on the Quest, August 13, 2015 with Veranda and Inside both at $5299, which is $500 less pp than the original Veranda price. (Though this sailing is not so so good for anyone desiring an Inside since that price has increased substantially!)

Not-So-Bargain: 12 Night Costa Rica Coast to Coast, Panama Canal & New Orleans, on the Journey, March 21, 2015. Veranda now priced at $3799, same as Inside, whose original price was $3299. This Veranda actually costs what the Oceanview opening price was. And this one. 12 Night Holy Lands, September 29, 2015 also on the Journey. Veranda priced at $4899, which again is the same price as the original Oceanview fare.

Looking at my catalogs I'd say that the fares are all over the place. More than a few were really Veranda at Oceanview original price, some were exactly what the promo said, Veranda for Inside original price, and yet others were reduced significantly across the board. I can only say that like any other promos you have to do your homework and never assume that there's not a twist somewhere that may or may not be in your favor. ;)

Not so fast!! Not all prices have been raised across the board. With careful shopping this promo yields some sweet little surprises. I have the 2014 and 2015 catalogs so I know what the opening fares are, and when a promo like this comes up, I always cross reference.

Bargain: 7 Night Corsica and Tuscany Voyage on the Journey, Oct. 4, 2014 Veranda and Inside both priced at $2299 down from the original price of $3099 (veranda). Or how about this one. 9 Night History of the Aegean Voyage on the Quest, Nov 1, 2014. Veranda priced at Inside's original price of $2799. Or this. 12 Nights St. Petersburg, London, & Sail Amsterdam Weekend on the Quest, August 13, 2015 with Veranda and Inside both at $5299, which is $500 less pp than the original Veranda price. (Though this sailing is not so so good for anyone desiring an Inside since that price has increased substantially!)

Not-So-Bargain: 12 Night Costa Rica Coast to Coast, Panama Canal & New Orleans, on the Journey, March 21, 2015. Veranda now priced at $3799, same as Inside, whose original price was $3299. This Veranda actually costs what the Oceanview opening price was. And this one. 12 Night Holy Lands, September 29, 2015 also on the Journey. Veranda priced at $4899, which again is the same price as the original Oceanview fare.

Looking at my catalogs I'd say that the fares are all over the place. More than a few were really Veranda at Oceanview original price, some were exactly what the promo said, Veranda for Inside original price, and yet others were reduced significantly across the board. I can only say that like any other promos you have to do your homework and never assume that there's not a twist somewhere that may or may not be in your favor. ;)

You're right...I should have clarified that I was referring to the cruise I have booked.

Yes, on our 2015 cruise too which we booked under the Ocean View to Veranda promotion, the price showing now for interior is the same as what was the Ocean View. So definitely smoke and mirrors here. But we're happy because our great T.A. got us even more money off than the promotion offered. Now, if Azamara had actually kept the prices the same as the brochure, we might have saved a bit more, but I'm not complaining. You really do have to compare and do some homework.

There are genuine deals under the promo, we booked for 2015 with the inside to oceanview deal, then yesterday my TA was able to change it to a veranda for no extra cost so we are very pleased.:)

Ditto...2015 Cruise I was scouting-out results in $400 less for same cabin compared to promotion that just expired....apples-to-apples.

Edited by delgados129

While there may be SOME deals out there - I don't believe in the promotions for any cruise ships these days...for example...

I took advantage of last years Azamara Double Upgrade promotion and booked our cruise for August 2014...we booked an "Inside Cabin" fare ($4,599 per person) and received the balcony V3 upgrade for the same price. This was August/2013...fast forward to today - the new inside cabin rate without the promotion is now $2,199 per person...I could book the same balcony cabin today without the promotion for $100 more per person ($4,699)...

Am I unhappy? NO...I am very excited about our cruise and can't wait for it - but these so called promotions do nothing to entice me to book a cruise...

I just happened to be looking at a 2015 cruise last week and wrote down the prices for the inside cabins for my brother - when the new promotion was announced - I looked again at the same inside cabins and the price went up fairly significantly for the summer European cruises we were looking at - for my brother that only books inside cabins to save money - he was priced right out of the trip - but I know that once the promotion ends - the inside prices will come down and he can once again look at the "real" prices...

One such cruise we were looking at actually had raised the price of the inside cabin over the price of the balcony cabin - it was a price increase...

In my limited experience - the only real bargains to be had are for those travelers that can book a cruise after final payment when the cruise company discounts the remaining cabins - last minute - and don't need a lot of advance notice...