RIU Resort All Inclusive Day Pass - Review

abs711

I tried to research this resort and found the reviews to be scarce. So I would like to share my experience.

We traveled as a party of 6 this passed Saturday. We had an amazing time! I would say it is more of an adult atmosphere although there were plenty of kids, The service was outstanding, the food very good, and the drinks strong and plentiful.

From the moment we arrived I knew we made the right choice. The front desk was helpful and patient. As we had all made our reservation together and wanted to pay separately. There was a small amount of confusion on our end but the agent helped us figure it out and offered solutions and assistance.

We then headed outside where we met the towel hut associate who went to get us 6 chairs together and plopped us next to the pool.

Our lunch attendant kept the water and drinks flowing and we never had to ask for either. The bartenders were equally as quick with a drink or a suggestion. The drinks were of good quality and strength.

The beach outside of the hotel was clean and nice. The water was definitely to rough to go in but it was nice for walking on.

Over I give the resort an A! I will definitely return.

Yes, we reserved in advance is was a $15.00 deposit through Island Marketing LTD. Then we paid the $60.00 balance at the resort.

It includes a buffet lunch open all day, all drinks (liquor, beer, wine, and soft drinks), and towels.

The beach did have activities at an additional cost through independent vendors.

We took a cab from the port $4.00 per person.

Was it easy to get a taxi to and from the Resort?. This will be my first non Carnival excursion and I am worried about how difficult it is to get back to the port and missing the ship!:eek:

It is very easy. Every time we've been there, there has been a taxi or two waiting at the bottom of the hotel driveway.

On the way to the hotel, you'll be sharing a taxi with others going to Paradise Island. It costs $4 a person. On the way back, you'll most likely have your own taxi, which costs $11 for 2 people (I'm not sure how much for additional people).

I would be more worried about getting stuck in rush hour traffic than catching a taxi. Just be sure to leave yourself plenty of time to get back to port.

JimAOk:

I was on Carnival but booked independently.

I went to the one on Paradise Island. I believe there is only one in the Bahamas.

Glassman:

Since there were 6 of us the Taxi was $4.00pp both ways. The Taxi's were super easy and convenient. As long as you leave an hour to get back to the ship you will be more then safe. I would say from the resort to the ship with a little shopping in the port it took us about 30 minutes.

JimAOk:

I was on Carnival but booked independently.

I went to the one on Paradise Island. I believe there is only one in the Bahamas.

Glassman:

Since there were 6 of us the Taxi was $4.00pp both ways. The Taxi's were super easy and convenient. As long as you leave an hour to get back to the ship you will be more then safe. I would say from the resort to the ship with a little shopping in the port it took us about 30 minutes.

Thanks for the info. Our port times are 8:30am - 2pm so I'm guessing that leaving the resort at 1pm should be fine.

thanks again.

Thanks for the info. Our port times are 8:30am - 2pm so I'm guessing that leaving the resort at 1pm should be fine.

Personally, I would leave at 12:30. The cruise lines require you to be back on board at least half an hour before sail time.

Glassman, If you need to leave so early I wouldn't bother. I believe the package starts at 9:30. 3 - 3 1/2 hours wouldn't be worth it financially in my opinion. We were docked overnight so I was able to go from 10-6.