RCL Kids Club

atr1216

My kids are 10, 10, 8 & 8 and I want them to all be able to do the kids clubs together. Looking at RCI, it looks like they group the 6-8 year olds together and the 9-11 yr olds togther. My 8yr olds will be 2 months from turning 9. Are they flexible at all or will have to split my 10 & 8 yr olds?

They will not allow the younger children to go to an older group. They will occasionally allow an older child to go down to the lower age group, but it is extremely rare to hear of them making an exception the other way around and you probably wouldn't know until you were on the ship, anyway. I know it stinks....but at least you'll be prepared! Have a fun time either way!

They will not allow the younger children to go to an older group. They will occasionally allow an older child to go down to the lower age group, but it is extremely rare to hear of them making an exception the other way around and you probably wouldn't know until you were on the ship, anyway. I know it stinks....but at least you'll be prepared! Have a fun time either way!

Okay, thank you! It's looking more and more like are best option is DCL, but yikes on the $$$$.

Okay, thank you! It's looking more and more like are best option is DCL, but yikes on the $$$$.

I don't understand why they all need to be together - they have age-appropriate activities for each group. Just like at school - do you insist they all be in the same class? Trust me, they'll have a great time. Disney is more a free for all - DGS didn't like it at all.

I have 3 boys & one girl (2 sets of twins). The boy in the younger twin set is big time buddies with one of his older brothers. But I suppose they'll have plenty of time to hang out when not in the kids club. Maybe it would force some bonding with his own twin :)

I noticed RCL closes their club 12-2 & 5-7 and DCL doesn't...but I think we'll be wanting to have lunch & dinner with them anyway. Did this ever pose an issue for anyone, did you ever wish it weren't the case?

I have 3 boys & one girl (2 sets of twins). The boy in the younger twin set is big time buddies with one of his older brothers. But I suppose they'll have plenty of time to hang out when not in the kids club. Maybe it would force some bonding with his own twin :)

I noticed RCL closes their club 12-2 & 5-7 and DCL doesn't...but I think we'll be wanting to have lunch & dinner with them anyway. Did this ever pose an issue for anyone, did you ever wish it weren't the case?

It's quite nice that DCL doesn't close its kids clubs. It makes it more relaxing not having to watch the clock. I do prefer RCCL's kids clubs over DCL's though because of the separation of age groups and the more structured activities they have. RCCL often offers to keep the kids through lunch or dinner. This is at an extra charge on sea days. On port days, they will remain open through lunch at no additional charge.

My kids never wanted to spend more than an hour or two in the DCL kids club. They would go if there was a scheduled activity they were interested in, but other than that it was just free play and they became bored.

We have not been on RCCL yet. Have our first cruise booked for October. My 2 youngest are 7 & 11 so they will have to go separately. I am hoping they will try it without each other, but no biggie to us if they dont. Also I am hoping since Ive heard RCCL has more activities they offer that the kids will be more interested than they were on DCL.

I also have heard on other postings of them combining the groups into one if there aren't a lot of kids on your cruise. That would be great for us if that happened, but Im not planning on it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...

We cruise RCCL frequently and our kids have been allowed to move up several times if they are a few months away from the next age group. They sometimes make them go to their own age group activity at least once. And once they let them move up they can't go back to the younger age group or any of their activities. They just require a parent to sign something saying we are giving them permission.

Sent from my iPad using Forums