QM2 Boarding and Disembarking times

CruisinPashmina

Priority boarding - which is Grills passengers and Diamond and Platinum members of the Club - commences at 12:00. I'm not sure the earliest check-in time, but I usually check in at 11:00 or even a bit earlier. If you use "self help" disembarkation, you can leave the ship shortly after it docks. Regular disembarkation offers priority for those in Queen's Grill first, then Princess Grill.

We will be sailing Grill Class on an upcoming TA. I need advice on Boarding times in Southampton and disembarking times in NYC. Thank you.

Boarding is not before 12pm if you are not Q1 to Q3.

Disembarkation depends very much on US Immigration. QG disembark first, then PG followed by the other decks. I have been off the ship at Brooklyn (travelling Q5) between 9 and 10am.

You may want to take your time for a nice breakfast in the grills and disembark at any time later on. Suites have to be vacated by 8.30am, but grills are open for service as usual.

On disembarkation morning the restaurants have early breakfast hours. I seem to remember 6-8AM local time or thereabouts. There is no room service for disembarking passengers - it's available only for those continuing on with the ship.

On disembarkation morning the restaurants have early breakfast hours. I seem to remember 6-8AM local time or thereabouts. There is no room service for disembarking passengers - it's available only for those continuing on with the ship.

Grills serve breakfast later too.

Grills serve breakfast later too.

I don't recall that to be the case upon arrival in New York. All non-crew members must be off the ship at some point. In transit passengers who are not going ashore have to wait in a lounge until US authorities give the go-ahead for them to re-board the ship. Breakfast service starts and ends early to facilitate this.

This is not the case in Southampton where in transit passengers can stay in their staterooms and sleep in until sail away should they choose to do so.

@Blue Riband:

Do you know if in-transit passengers in Southampton can disembark at any time?

We will have family meeting us and taking us out for the day. I would hate to have them arrive earlier than we can join them.

Thanks in advance

Evana