Jewel and young teens?

Has anyone cruised on the Jewel out of San Juan with teens? How are the kids clubs and teen clubs? We will have Ds 11 and dd 14 with us on our cruise out of San Juan this June. I saw the 9-11 year olds are together. Will they let my 11 year old move up to be with his sister who is 14?

No, they won't let the 11 yr old in the 14 yr old program. As my kids got older, they found the kids club less interesting. 6-12 was about the sweet spot for them enjoying it. By 14, they make friends by the pool, so I would not worry much about them. Plus, the waterslide is a huge hit as well.

• 1 month later...

I am curious about other's experiences with this as well. We have one 11 year old traveling with three 12 year olds. I would hate for her to miss out on being with her sister and our friends because they are strict on age limits. Any other feedback? Are they really that strict?

I am curious about other's experiences with this as well. We have one 11 year old traveling with three 12 year olds. I would hate for her to miss out on being with her sister and our friends because they are strict on age limits. Any other feedback? Are they really that strict?

Keep in mind that while your group has an 11 year old wanting to be with her one year older 12 year old sister, the older group has 14 year olds in it too. Not sure that THEY want to be hanging out with the little sister who is only 11 and still in elementary school or just starting middle school. 14 year olds are just entering high school - very big maturity difference.

So don't be disappointed if they won't let you move her up. They have to consider all the kids in the club - not just your group. I am sure that she will have a blast in the younger club!! Enjoy your cruise!