Operation: The Browns Give Back

Hi All! I am taking my kids on their first cruise soon. Every land vacation we do, I incorporate something education in the experience. I decided this year since I am preparing my son for college to do some charity work on this cruise. He does not know about it but my daughter (12) does. We decided since education has been a vital thing this year to me, to take a duffel bag full of school supplies to one of our ports - Cozumel, Roatan or Belize City. I have no idea how to begin to look for a contact or if someone knows where to refer me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated. We are doing a fundraiser the first Saturday in May and it will be called: Operation:The Browns Give Back...One Duffel Bag at a Time. :):):) Thanks in advance. I am thinking the port of Belize but not sure due to tenders.

We took some school supplies with us to Labadee for th school here.

On thing we did not realize is hat we were stopped by ships security when leaving the ship as we were up posed to have paperwork that accompanied the goods as technically we were importing items into a foreign country.

It took about 15 minutes and many phone calls to get everything resolved. Not sure what you would ncounter in a port that is not controlled by RCI.

I would call RCI and make all arrangements prior to departure and not leave it until on board.

Hi All! I am taking my kids on their first cruise soon. Every land vacation we do, I incorporate something education in the experience. I decided this year since I am preparing my son for college to do some charity work on this cruise. He does not know about it but my daughter (12) does. We decided since education has been a vital thing this year to me, to take a duffel bag full of school supplies to one of our ports - Cozumel, Roatan or Belize City. I have no idea how to begin to look for a contact or if someone knows where to refer me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated. We are doing a fundraiser the first Saturday in May and it will be called: Operation:The Browns Give Back...One Duffel Bag at a Time. :):):) Thanks in advance. I am thinking the port of Belize but not sure due to tenders.

When we took our NCL cruise three years ago there was an effort in our Meet & Mingle (or whatever NCL calls it) to get together school supplies for a school in Roatan. Sorry, but I do not remember the name of the school.

Steve

Thank you. I spoke with RC but I have to speak with the main office in Miami and not the switchboard. I google'd a little and did some research on my own a little but will wait to see what avenues other CC have went. Thank you again.

I believe Paradise Beach in Cozumel collects backpacks and school supplies for local schools. I've seen pics of this on their website. I didnt know this before we visited in January, but I'd love to do it next time we go to Cozumel. Plus Paradise Beach is beautiful!! You might google them :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Thank you! I will look into them as well. My daughter is so excited to do this gifting for the kids. If you have college bound children ang73, it's a great thing to add to their application towards charity work.

We're on the same sailing as you NatashaB951 and as I was looking for tour guides in Roatan, I came across Rony's Independent Tours. He offers private tours that you can tailor to your interests. One of the add-ons is a visit to an orphanage, school or visiting the children where he grew up. He says that they cherish anything you can offer them. I would post the link to his site, but don't know if that is allowed. We're also considering taking school supplies for them. It's a wonderful idea!