No way to see tours offered by a ship any more?

laughing husky

was looking at some cruises in Asia for this coming year and was interested in a ships tour...not that I usually take them, but occasionally in Asia, I do depending upon the locality....I have been in Asian traffic jams....anyway, I noticed that the format has changed....once again....They show you highlights, but very few ship tour excursions....I had, in particular, wanted to see the Komodo Dragons, but did not see any tours there.....anyone know why they have changed it so you can't se what they are trying to hard to sell? I have also had the same problems on other lines....can't see until you book....Well for me, I want to see what is available before I book.....

was looking at some cruises in Asia for this coming year and was interested in a ships tour...not that I usually take them, but occasionally in Asia, I do depending upon the locality....I have been in Asian traffic jams....anyway, I noticed that the format has changed....once again....They show you highlights, but very few ship tour excursions....I had, in particular, wanted to see the Komodo Dragons, but did not see any tours there.....anyone know why they have changed it so you can't se what they are trying to hard to sell? I have also had the same problems on other lines....can't see until you book....Well for me, I want to see what is available before I book.....

I totally agree...tours are very important to those of us who pick cruises based on itineraries. I don’t understand why they can’t post them with a disclaimer they are subject to change up to 120 days before the cruise or they are just for viewing until 120 days before the cruise begins.

Because most people ignore the disclaimer and then demand special compensation when the 'tour they booked the whole cruise to go on!' is not available.

I totally agree...tours are very important to those of us who pick cruises based on itineraries. I don’t understand why they can’t post them with a disclaimer they are subject to change up to 120 days before the cruise or they are just for viewing until 120 days before the cruise begins.

I have the same issue on our upcoming cruise...we dock in Casablanca (for Marrekesh) per the itinerary. We were looking forward to Marrekesh with a ships tour because it is a long drive..but it is not being offered at all :mad:

As far as Komodo Island, we just did that with Celebrity Cruises on a Gems of Asia itinerary...very interesting. Did the excursion privately with a CC group...but one of the dragons followed our group persistently, so it was a bit scary. Something obviously set off its keen nose:eek: