AOS 7/17 - 7/24 Review Part 2/Final

Wednesday July 20 Antigua

We again tried to play Triva and again no one showed up. So we headed out for our excursion, the 4X4 tour of Antigua. It was a nice tour, we go to see a lot of Antigua and tried some fresh pineapple at a stand, it was delicious!!! The tour guide was friendly, knowledgeable and even told jokes. He took us to a beach then went to order lunch, which he shared with us it too was delicious!!!! We went back to the pier and did alittle shopping, not much here to purchase do all of your shopping in St. Marteen or St. Thomas. Went back to the ship for lunch and our daily nap after the Art Auction. The Art Auction is quiet a bust unless you are a serious collecctor. They also give everyone a free print which was o.k. And they "give" away "free" art, but you have to pay $35 to ship it home (for the first 5 pieces) once you have the free piece (most everyone gets it just for filling out the credit card!) they hound you into purchasing more because afterall you have already paid the $35 you can get 4 more pieces!! Today was the Captain's Reception for Crown and Anchor members which we splet right through. We we woke up we went to Johnnie Rockets for dinner, only because we had the free coupons! It was HORRIBLE!!! The hamburgers at the Island Grill are just as good if not better, I was truly disappointed and would not go back even with the coupons!!!

After JR we played minitature golf and then headed to meet our friends at Jester's.

Thursday July 21 St. Lucia

We paid for the 7.5 hour excursion to see the active drive - in vocano. First of all NEVER do an excurision this long again!!!!! Second St. Lucia is the most beautiful island, however the people of St. Lucia "ain't to proud to beg". When the bus stopped, people came out of the wood work knocking on the window begging you to purchase their items! The tour guide was blatantly begging for a tip (did not happen on any of the other 4 excurions we had planned). As part of the excurion there was an hour at a beach (free and unkept) the local were coming up to the catamaran on surf boards again begging for y ou to purchase their items. As people were playing in the ocean they were again being harassed by locals on surf boards, it was very sad. We did get to see a great deal of St. Lucia though and as I said it ws beautiful, I wold visit there again on a resort and NEVER leave the resort. Tonight was the second formal night, I think the first one was on Monday. We did not attend either formal night. Lunch was included in the excursion, they offered you ONE homemade drink and the rest were on you, even water!!! The lunch was good. We returned to the ship and went to the afternoon tea for alittle bite, then to the room for our daily nap. After dinner at the windjammer we went to the Ice show, NoT to be missed, it was spectaular what they can do with such little room!!! We then did The Liar's Club game (they used the same words from our last cruise on the Granduer) and again to Jester's after the Gala Buffett!!!!

Friday July 22 - Barbados

We had the underwater submarine excursion and it was by far the best!!! This is not to be missed, you go about 150 feet under the sea level in a submarine that somehow has fresh air pumped in, no compressed air. You have your own window and just have a chance to look at all of the wonderful sea life!!!! We returned from the excursion did a little shopping then headed back to the ship for lunch and our daily nap. Today was lobster day so my hubby made sure we awoke for dinner--the lobsters were great!!!! After dinner, I took some pics of the ship, we played miniature golf again. Tonight was Quest, but we missed it, but made it to Jester's!

Saturday July 23 - Sea Day

This was the only day you could really feel the 3,000 passengers on the ship. The elevators were very busy, it was difficult to find a seat at the Windjammer and the Promanade was packed. We lazed around today (in our room and at the Promanade) and did not do much. We did end up at the Jester's though!

Misc.

Ashley Kerr---was was nice not cruise director nice but "i am too good for you people" nice (if you know what I mean). She was o.k.

Kids---I am sure I will get flamed for this but oh well. There were a TON of kids on this ship. These kids were running around the ship, pushing buttons on the elevator and causing disruptions in the promanade all WITHOUT parental supervision. I can not tell you how many time either my husband or myself asked one another, "who is with this child?" I mean these were not teenagers but 10-12 year olds. One night I was standing in line at guest relations and there was a group of girls no older than 12 reaking havoc with one of the pursors---eVERYONE in line could not believe how they were acting and there was no parent around AT ALL!!!!! A cruise ship is NO SAFE than your local mall!!!

JR--as stated above not worth the 3.95, not even worth your time if you have a coupon!

Promanade Room--was nice had two loveseats. However, you could hear the noise from the royal promanade, it was not as quiet as has been mentioned here before. I would stay again but my hubby would not!

Dining Room Attire--2 formal nights, 1 smart casual night, the rest casual with two theme nights---carribbean and 50's, 60's and 70's.

I did not see the liquor store in the pier (our checkin was so fast) but as we were stadning in line flyers were handed out for specials on liquor and they said the store was inside the pier.

Airport Check-in----we were told that if you purchase transfers rom RCI you can check in at the pier with AA. They invite USAIR but they rarely come.

I would sail her again in a HEARTBEAT!!!!!!!! Any questions please let me know!!!!

teach01.... Certainly have enjoyed reading BOTH parts of your review!

We have also been on the "volcano excursion" -- agree with your comments below on this excursion:

Thursday July 21 St. Lucia

We paid for the 7.5 hour excursion to see the active drive - in vocano. First of all NEVER do an excurision this long again!!!!! Second St. Lucia is the most beautiful island, however the people of St. Lucia "ain't to proud to beg". When the bus stopped, people came out of the wood work knocking on the window begging you to purchase their items! The tour guide was blatantly begging for a tip (did not happen on any of the other 4 excurions we had planned). As part of the excurion there was an hour at a beach (free and unkept) the local were coming up to the catamaran on surf boards again begging for y ou to purchase their items. As people were playing in the ocean they were again being harassed by locals on surf boards, it was very sad. We did get to see a great deal of St. Lucia though and as I said it ws beautiful, I would visit there again on a resort and NEVER leave the resort.

We actually had the best time we've ever had in St.Lucia on our last port stop by simply going to the beach! Here's what we did: REVIEW: Reduit Beach "OnOurOwn"(ClickHere)

Maybe this is an idea for your next trip???

Thanks again for your time for the review ... both parts!

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

Archived