Secrets of The Sunshine

reefgeek83

We just booked our cruise on the Sunshine and wanted to know all the tips this board has for the ship. Favorite locations, good restaurants, secret decks like some ships have... Anything you'd like to pass along.

When you go into the buffet area it will be packed, grab your food walk then walk all the way through to the Havanna bar area, this section will be empty with plenty of seats. This is where you will also find the Italian place and Ji, Ji's, you can sit here for breakfast and lunch for free. At lunchtimes there are long lines here later on in your cruise once people discover that these are free for lunch. Ji, Ji serves lovely stir fry dishes and the Italian has delicious pasta, so try them early on in your cruise;)

Get to the theatres early after dinner if you want a seat otherwise you will have to stand to watch the show, the same with Punchliners. Very small venues given the passenger capacity with the added cabins.

Is the lunch at JiJi the Mongolian Wok?

It's called JiJi's but it's essentially the Mongolian Wok.

Secret, not really one but the top deck forward area on Serenity had chairs available and was quiet when I sailed.

Eat at JiJi's and Cucina. They are wonderful.

You can go up front on decks 6 and 7 (secret decks ). I went every morning.

Explore all of a Deck 4. Sushi and the steakhouse (both extra charge) are kinda hidden.

Do tea time at least once :)

It's a great ship! Have a wonderful time !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A beautiful ship that stinks of sewage...

The exact reason so many people leave CC. OP looking for tips and advise on her upcoming Sunshine cruise and instead they have to see comments like this from someone that has never stepped foot on the ship.

I don't know what you look like, but your rude posts certainly stink. If you have negative opinion of the ship, do a review and say so. Experience is useful good or bad. Of course you would have to actually sail on her first. The OP didn't ask for a bunch of smart azz comments.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

Definitely wouldn't listen to the name of the game. Sunshine is the probably the best Carnival ship I have been on to date (and you can see what ships I've been on in my signature).

I don't know if this still holds true or not...we sailed the last Mediterranean cruise. JiJi's at lunch on the first day of the cruise wasn't very busy at all, as most people probably hadn't made it that far back yet. I imagine the same would hold true for Cucino del Capitan or whatever the Italian place is called.

Been on a bunch of ships, and have noticed the stench at various points and places on most all of them, including the Breeze this past week....Have a great cruise on Sunshine! I hope to soon as well.

Edited by bankofdad

Not a secret, but the exercise area is very nice, it almost made me want to exercise...not....but they have some nice classes.

The most quiet place on the whole ship is in the spa, on the tile heated loungers, worth buying a day/week pass!

Been on a bunch of ships, and have noticed the stench at various points and places on most all of them, including the Breeze this past week....Have a great cruise on Sunshine! I hope to soon as well.

Could not agree more.

We sail on the Sunshine on April 19th! Can't wait!!! Does anyone have any insight on Anytime Dining? This'll be the first time out of the MDR and I'm a little nervous...

Serenity

Ahh...you guyz follow us..well sort of...We're leaving on the repo cruise Sunday...I think there is a 2-3 day something from PC right after the repo, before 19th.

Anyways...just to clarify..ATD is in one of the ships MDR's..I think they are still using the Sunrise DR, lower level. We've enjoyed several cruises using ATD...not yet had a long wait...and thats with 2 cruises with groups of about 10....but all other times just wifey and I, pretty much no wait. We usually get a "cozy" table for 2, sometimes the same waitstaff, though that is not important to us....service and food has been good in our experience.

Edited by bar1068

We have been on the Sunshine 3 times now and will board again the day after tomorrow. We were also on the last Destiny cruise. We have experienced no odor problems and generally like the ship. Some of the venues are smaller than they should be and you may experience some crowding. And sometimes the main dining room experience is slow, but you will probably have a great cruise. Enjoy.

I was just going to say on our cruise last week I smelled it on the Glory as well. Still it was an AMAZING week. We're planning on cruising on the Sunshine next year (I hope!)

We sail on the Sunshine on April 19th! Can't wait!!! Does anyone have any insight on Anytime Dining? This'll be the first time out of the MDR and I'm a little nervous...

Serenity

We had this, back in July service was very slow and a number of times the food was cold, so much so that when my main came I had to call the head waiter. After that no problem, I was given a red ticket (warning to server I was a complainer) and my food from then on was always pipping hot.

I imagine now the crew are experienced the service time is faster. On the Med cruises the bust time was 7.30 to 8.15 and the line was very, very long.