Carnival Magic vs. Liberty??

reyesj226

My family (4) sailed on the Conquest out of Galveston (our home port) to Jamaica, Cayman, & Cozumel in June 2010. We are inviting Grandma on the next trip, which makes it a total of 5 guests. I am really wanting to do the Eastern Caribbean out of Port Canaveral (Bahamas, St Thomas, Puerto Rico, & Grand Turk) since it would be a new itinerary for us. BUT, Liberty is sailing this itinerary.

Out of Galveston, it’s the same itinerary, but it’s the Magic, which we were excited for the new features on this ship.

Financially – if we do Liberty: After factoring airfare and an extra cabins plus spending money for an additional port – I am looking at about $1,000 more than to cruise out of Galveston (but all 5 of us in one cabin)

So my question is: Should we do the same itinerary on the newer ship or

Fly to MCO and do the new itinerary for us on an older ship?:confused: :confused:

Only you can decide what's best for you. If I had the choice, I'd cruise the Magic any day over the Liberty. Regardless of what you do, I hope you have a fabulous cruise.:D

I am local too and would chose Magic. Magic sails 3 different itineraries. Why don't you sail one of the other ones? I LOVE Magic! Such and awesome ship!

I guess I could do the one that goes to Belize...

In all honesty, I was more adamant on the date – but it will not hurt to sail different dates.

My birthday is 7/18, Grandma is 7/20, and my DH is 7/22.

The one I’m looking at departs the day after my birthday and we would be sailing for my DH & grandma’s bday.

Belize may be what it is but I would take going on that route just to go to Roatan. Its so great. I kinda make Belize our chill day and we do big fun stuff the other 2 places.

We are on that western route on the Conquest. DW and I are using Belize as an extra day at sea with us making use of the laundry room on that day.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by Chileancruiser