Boston - dayroom or leave luggage at a hotel without having a room?

dons_shopper

We will disembark in Boston, our flight to Germany will leave in the evening. We would like to explore the city. What to do with the luggage? I heard that it is not possible to check in luggage in the morning at the airport.

I was thinking if we could go to a nice hotel in an interesting area of Boston :rolleyes:, have lunch there, leave the luggage with the porter( tipp him well ;)), wander around Boston and take a cab from the hotel then to the airport.

Has anybody here done that? Do you think it might work?

I read so much about taking a water taxi, changing here and there, so that I am totally confused. Don't want to get totally exhausted before this long flight.

Or perhaps a dayroom - for up to 100$ ( would be more for the luggage than for us :o).

Help would be hghly appreciated!!!

I don't think you are going to find a day room for $100.

If it were me, I wouldn't mess with a hotel and pay money to eat in a hotel restaurant and generously tip a porter. Just take a cab to Rowes Wharf where you can check your luggage at the water taxi for the price of a $10/pp water taxi ticket. This leaves you free to wander over to Faneuil Hall or the North End where you can enjoy a nice meal and hang out. If you don't want to take the water taxi to the airport, just reclaim your luggage and take a cab to the airport.