Adventure or Jewel out of San Juan 2016

I'm planning my 40th birthday cruise as well as my MBA graduation celebration for February 2016. I've been waiting for a special occassion to do the Southern Caribbean cruise and I think this is it.

Just curious on whether you would pick Jewel or Adventure for this cruise? We've cruised both classes and honestly I like the Voyager class better due to Royal Promenade and feels like there is more room. We did Serenade this year, and it was just ok.

So, thoughts, inputs, preferences and why. I know AOS is due for dry dock/revitalization but I can't seem to find a conclusive answer on when this will take place. It's just hubby and I for this trip.

THANKS

AOS is in dry dock now.

Follow along here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2018790

We've done both the Adventure and Brilliance out of San Juan and much preferred the Adventure. The Royal Promenade is nice to have.

We have even booked the Adventure out of San Juan again for in April, 2015.

We are trying an even larger ship, the Freedom, next week, so we are excited to see how that goes too.

I was going to book Adventure for 2016 since I did the Southern itinerary in 2011 and loved it (hence my B2B on her next year). But when the itinerary came out this week I was shocked to see that she wasn't going to Aruba or Curacao in April 2016. Jewel is. So we booked Freedom Western instead. Not sure what the itineraries are for February 2016.

Personally, I like Adventure over Jewel. We just didn't find as much to do on Jewel as on Adventure. That is our preference. Good luck on your decision!

We are sailing with Teeara!;)Haven't met her yet, or sailed Adventure, but I have sailed both Navigator and Jewel in The past and based in your preferences, Id think you'd prefer Adventure, especially post dry dock. We prefer a ship with the Promenade and more dining options, and while we loved the ports on our Southern Caribbean itinerary on. Jewel, we can get the same ports on Adventure, then we prefer Adventure. Some folks really like Radiance class, and I think if you are one of those traditional cruisers who likes traditional dining and ship layouts, then Jewel would appeal!

For my Jan '15 Honeymoon I had the same choice (Jewel vs. Adventure out of San Juan) and have been on Serenade and Voyager previously. I went with Adventure in the end for three reasons:

1. The Royal Promenade
  2. Studio B
  3. Residency Discount + C&A balcony discount made a D2 on Adventure less than an inside on either ship, thus making the choice almost obvious

I actually found out about Adventure's current dry-dock after booking, so that's just an added bonus.