Aruba-Curacao-Bonaire Question

cruisedad2

Very envious of those of you who have ALL three ABC islands on your itinerary.

We've been to all three several times but have never been lucky enough to go to them all on the same sailing.

LuLu

~~~~

Jan 4, 2015 the Eclipse does all three

Join us!

• 2 weeks later...
Very envious of those of you who have ALL three ABC islands on your itinerary.

We've been to all three several times but have never been lucky enough to go to them all on the same sailing.

LuLu

~~~~

The reason we chose Feb 15, 2015 sailing on Eclipse.

I disagree.

We were in a port cabin and had these views of Curacao when we couldn't dock last April 1st ( Easter Monday) due to high winds.

bjfr0g.jpg

f4qn46.jpg

Docking in Bonaire

22ahra.jpg

Leaving Aruba

53redf.jpg

It does of course depend whether the ship backs into the dock, which it sometimes does, rather than bow first.

I disagree back. Given the order of the ports and the fact that the ship will be utilizing a north to south route as it approaches its first port of call the islands will best be viewed from the starboard side. Because of the order the best view of the islands will continue to be from the starboard side as the ship approaches. As to which way it will dock or face is not the question. I believe the OP asked for the best view as the ship transitions its route.

Looking at how the ABC Islands are situated and how the port towns are situated on the southwest side of the islands, I would suspect that the ship travels a southern route. The southern seas would probably be calmer also.

We have been to Aruba on two land based vacations and are going to Curacao this spring on another land based vacation. We were booked on a 14 night on the Eclipse that ported at the three ABC Islands, but cancelled that and booked a B2B out of San Juan on the Summit for half the cost of the AQ cabin we were booked on the Eclipse. Of course we aren't in an AQ cabin on the Summit.

Nice to see that somebody else actually read the OP post and looked at the order properly.