Who else does this?

Yes, but I try to shop in the off season, so I get summer stuff in August and September.

A lot of my cruise clothes are things I bought on cruises and are only worn then. Makes packing easy as I never even unpack!

Another trick I've learned is the best time to buy formal wear is right after prom and winter ball seasons. January and May/June have great sales. I've gotten $300 gowns for a fraction of the price!

Gold Bond has a friction rub in a tube that looks similar to deodorant and it's great. I actually found it in a cvs or walgreens in Key West. Hopefully the photo attaches.

[ATTACH]308693[/ATTACH]

I will have to look for the Gold Bond. does it last all day? Or would a person need to reapply?

I will have to look for the Gold Bond. does it last all day? Or would a person need to reapply?

I've used it many times for many different uses. I sweated it off after an intense workout at the gym but for just a sundress it lasted me all day long.

Since my cruise isn't until about 10 months from now, and summer clothing won't quite be out in the stores yet when I actually need to start shopping, I'm finding myself buying clothes for my trip already. Since my wardrobe is nothing but jeans, sweatshirts and tees.

anyone else do this?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I winded up buying 7 dresses, 2 bathing suits, swimming cap, beach hat, duffel bag with wheels (in case I don't want to carry it over my shoulders), waterproof bag to hold my passport and money and 2 pairs of shoes (crocs and sandals). I already had a toiletry bag for soap / lotion / hair grease, 2 hoodie sweaters, undies, aspirin and tums - everything is pretty much what I will take with me when I go cruise. So if there's a good last minute deal, all I have is take both bags with me; I don't even need to pack because I'm not unpacking them. Just need to buy some detergent or baby shampoo (thanks to whomever suggested it) to wash the clothes in the room. ;)

And the only reason why I'm taking dresses and not jeans / shirts is because I wanted to get under the 50lb limit and it would had been heavy on my shoulders. :p Plus, buying summer travel clothes for size 16 with large breasts that look good on the cheap in NYC is not easy. So no, you're not the only one. :D

Lmao you're awesome!

This weekend Old Navy had their flip flop sale for $2. And I bought 3 pair and found this gorgeous bright coral tank top. Super cute ;-)

And now I'm on eBay buying maxi dresses.

I'm a size 14 with DD so I know your feeling.

Maxi dresses look fabulous with someone like me with curves. Two gorgeous dresses with free shipping under $26

Tried on 4 maxi dresses this weekend at old navy and H&M and they looked horrible on me.

Am I missing something? I am size 12 and DD.

Help!

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Edited by meatball_nyc

Tried on 4 maxi dresses this weekend at old navy and H&M and they looked horrible on me.

Help!

Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

What I did was, I went to Jamaica, Queens and stop by this bargain clothing store that downstairs in a mall that had nice outfits for like under $17. Winded up buying like 3 dresses from there and another 2 two-piece outfits that were $15 each from a store next to Marshalls there. The other 2 outfits I got from Amazon for like $12 and the last one was an dress I never wore from like last year because it was too lightweight, short and bit artsy (on me anyway) for a funeral but perfect for a cruise.:D

Edited by maywell

Help!

Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

I think it has to do with the material. Mines like a stretchy material and it doesn't cling on to your body.

You've encouraged me to keep trying. Thank you!

I'm the kind of person who has to try things on, therefore, I don't shop for clothing or shoes online. Need to see it, feel the fabric and try it on.

Still on the hunt for the perfect embarkation outfit. I'm hitting Macy's this weekend for INC and Beach (hopefully Beach will be out).

Happy obsessing!!!

Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

I'm not doing this... yet. I don't really have a desire to buy new clothes for my cruise, anyway, and I wear a fairly normal size, minus the petite part of it. I have lots of bright, fun, happy colors already, though.

I am on the look-out for some awesome sandals, though.