Favorite Stateroom Gifts?

Sue Do'nym

Bottom line, no they are not worth it. Just another way for DCL to make money.

If you are cruising out of Port Canaveral and really feel the need for stateroom gifts, there is a private company in Cocoa Beach that does a nicer, more reasonably priced job than DCL. If you are talking about gifts for kids, buy them at home and slip them into your suitcase. Of course, I regard a Disney cruise as a gift to them....not sure why more are needed.

Edited by moki'smommy

• 4 weeks later...
Have been checking out the packages but am wondering if they are actually worth the price and if anyone has any experience-positive or negative with the in the stateroom gifts purchased through DCL?

When we cruise on the Dream we always buy ourselves a 1 day Rain Forest Spa pass from the stateroom gifts section. They are reasonably priced and the heated loungers with reading lights, whirlpool, sauna and different scented showers are very nice to use off and on all day long. The view from the whirlpools of the sea is lovely, too. It's a nice adults only activity.

I know most people (myself included) would much prefer onboard credit as a "gift".

I totally agree with Moki'sMommy.....the people that she mentioned do an absolutely FABULOUS job, Disney is VERY familiar with them, they've been at their job forever, and don't have any problem at all, getting items to the ship.

I have purchased a few things from the ship along the years. Spa baskets, birthday celebration items....it's handy to have them (decorations, etc) already in place when you arrive, or set up on a specific day....but the cost is so much more than if you did it yourself.

We've cruised at Christmastime a few times, and I brought along stockings and decorations. Turned out half the fun was doing my own decorating!

We just went on our first DCL cruise a few weeks ago and I bought my wife one of the packages. I don't remember what it was called but it included a bottle of champagne, a rose, a small box of chocolates and two DCL plush robes. She LOVED it as it was a surprise for her. They had the card, chocolates, robes and rose all laid out on the bed and the champagne and glasses were already on ice. The only downer was that we couldn't take the rose off do the ship due to customs. On the plus side, I was browsing through the Disney store online last week and one robe was the same price that I paid for the entire package!

For all the responses! This is for myself-solo trip and spoiling myself a bit:D

I went with the rain forest pass and the package with bathrobe, chocolate and champagne...and one extra bottle of wine cause hey! it's vacation! I will see if I am impressed or not on Thursday!

For all the responses! This is for myself-solo trip and spoiling myself a bit:D

I went with the rain forest pass and the package with bathrobe' date=' chocolate and champagne...and one extra bottle of wine cause hey! it's vacation! I will see if I am impressed or not on Thursday![/quote']

Great and enjoy.

Sent from my iPad.

It is called "The Perfect Gift." The owner is a lady named Shirley. She will personalize a gift box/bucket/basket any way you wish.

We've used Shirley several times and been very happy with the service. She's also a very special lady.

April 2012, we ordered an Easter basket with cookies and rice krispy treats for our daughter, she loved it! It really turned out cute.

When we cruise in Jan 2015 my hubby and I plan on getting the package with the robes. They are so cute and it'll be a nice way to start the cruise and actually one less thing to have to pack;)

Highly recommend the package with the robes-they were soft and fluffy. Chocolates were nice. Champagne was a moscato and therefore a little too sweet for my taste, but still drinkable. I took it with me to Palo and they did not charge me corkage. Loved the rainforest package too. One day was perfect for a short cruise. Thanks again to all who gave their thoughts.

It is called "The Perfect Gift." The owner is a lady named Shirley. She will personalize a gift box/bucket/basket any way you wish.

Is there a similar service available in Vancouver BC? If so, can you provide contact info? Thanks,

KyColonel

Is there a similar service available in Vancouver BC? If so, can you provide contact info? Thanks,

KyColonel

For my Alaska cruise last year I looked and looked but no I couldn't find any there were a few firms supplying flowers to cruises but they also wouldn't go to Disney.