Bruges - mini cruise

Dan3108

Hi all

New to the forum

Me and my wife are off on the 2 night mini cruise on azura on 11th may. Previously sailed once on thomson. Really using this to see whether we want to try a bigger ship for a proper cruise sometime soon.

Couple of questions....

Formal night, will there be one? If so do I get the tux dry cleaned or do people not really wear a tux on these mini cruises?

Bruges - don't really fancy spending £35 each I think it is for the coach organised by p&o to the city.

What options are there for us to get to the city and at what cost? Don't really want to share cabs rather explore alone

Thanks in advance

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

We have been on 4 of these mini cruises. There should be a formal night. A lot of people still wear their dinner suits.

It's really easy to get to Bruges on your own. P and O will provide a coach into the seaside town of Blankenberge. You get dropped off across from the train station. A few euros return. Short walk into Bruges from the station. Just follow everyone else. Make sure you check the departure times for trains back. Nothing worse than turning up and you just missed one by a couple of minutes.

We just got off Azura this morning from a 3 nighter to Bruges. The train from Blankenburg to Bruges was 3.80euros each for a return ticket. The trains go at 10 mins past the hour every hour and coming back it's 35 mins past the hour. We got the 3.35pm train back to Blankenburg along with a fair few others and then just got in the queue for the shuttle buses. It was dead easy! Last shuttle back to ship is 5pm. It's a lovely trip and we had a fabulous time.