Picture of Oasis forward cabin?

Does anyone have a photo of a forward outside view cabin? The one in the front of the ship facing forward? My sister booked that cabin thinking it was a big window, and she is kind of claustrophobic. the balcony cabin was too much money (she's sailing alone), so she thought that window would be okay. If anyone has a picture, it sure would be appreciated. Or, if you can just tell us if the window is bigger than a porthole???

Thanks

Does anyone have a photo of a forward outside view cabin? The one in the front of the ship facing forward? My sister booked that cabin thinking it was a big window, and she is kind of claustrophobic. the balcony cabin was too much money (she's sailing alone), so she thought that window would be okay. If anyone has a picture, it sure would be appreciated. Or, if you can just tell us if the window is bigger than a porthole???

Thanks

Hi, I don't have a picture but I have seen one on a few other posts. I booked 2 connecting Forward OV rooms for my daughter and her family for an upcoming cruise. The windows are big, like floor to ceiling:) I booked them on the 7th floor and assume all the floors look the same!

Hope that helps:)

We had one of those on the Oasis some time ago. It is an interesting cabin with all the extra floor area under the sloping window, not really useful except for storing the luggage. Have to remember not to walk into the sloping glass. If you like a dark room, be sure to take some binder clips to keep the drapes closed. Since they are also on a slope they tended to sag and hang open for us.

Edited by cruzincurt

We are booked in one of those on the Allure May 18th. I am a little worried about being in the front of the boat in regards to motion. Anyone have any experience staying in one of these rooms? There aren't too many cabins left to choose from and I am having a hard time justifying spending $500 or more on an upgrade. I would much rather spend that money on drinks and/or excursions

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are booked in one of those on the Allure May 18th. I am a little worried about being in the front of the boat in regards to motion. Anyone have any experience staying in one of these rooms? There aren't too many cabins left to choose from and I am having a hard time justifying spending $500 or more on an upgrade. I would much rather spend that money on drinks and/or excursions

I stayed in one on Oasis last year. I didn't feel any more motion than elsewhere on the ship. You will hear the thrusters when docking but it doesn't last long.

We were in a deck 10 forward cabin like this on Oasis. While docking/leaving port, you may feel vibrations from the bow thrusters (we sure did). Our bed in that cabin was "sideways," so when the ship rocked, you were moving from head to toe instead of side to side. This was a little disconcerting when lying in bed. Otherwise, I don't recall feeling any other unusual movement, more than in any other cabin we stayed in. Overall I liked the cabin, and the extra floor space, albeit limited in headroom, made it feel more spacious. It was nice having the window to look forward, and at night you could watch the stars. I wish we had thought of the tip, above, to bring clips to keep the curtains closed!